Flying Hovercraft

Hovercraft in style. Powered by a 4-cylinder automotive engine, the UH-18SP is everything you'd ever want in a hovercraft. It was designed for people who love to play. For the family that gets together for fishing, skiing, cruising and all-around fun, this is your vehicle. The UH-18SP will take you places other craft have never been. Convert your UH-18SP hovercraft into the 18SPW Hoverwing™ in less than twenty minutes and fly up to 10 feet high over waves, rocks, beaches and fields in ground effect. The wings roll up and can be stored aboard the craft for easy transportation and rapid deployment. The UH-18SPW Hoverwing™ is the only ground-effect hovercraft to be released as a plan or kit. Click the links below to see the UH-18SPW in action.
😒😒😒

One design allows you to have the choice of flying the hovercraft or Hoverwing™ at any time. The UH-18SP built as a hovercraft, can be converted at any time into the UH-18SPW Hoverwing™. Little modification is required. The wings are removable in 15 minutes and the Hoverwing™ becomes the UH-18SP hovercraft.

Universal Hovercraft's UH-18SPW can be built with 4 removable box seats and one full-length stationary seat that also serves as the lift system belt guard. For flying in ground effect, the four box seats are removed and the pilot and passenger sit on the center seat. The pilot sits in front of the forward wing spar and passengers just behind.

Flight controls consist of two movable rudders and a large elevator. A joystick gives precise control through a simple cable steering system that is designed for easy pre-flight inspections. Calm winds are ideal for the most enjoyable flying. Open the throttle and hold a slight backpressure on the stick. When the air speed indicator shows 55 mph pull back a little more. The nose begins to rise and the water starts to fall away. It feels like you are 10 feet high when the bottom of the craft is only 1 to 4 feet above the surface. Reduce power to maintain the minimum flying speed (55 - 60 mph) and try some gentle turns. A small force on the stick left or right results in a bank angle and gentle turn. Pull back on the joystick and the Hoverwing™ climbs a little higher to clear large boat wakes or debris. Fly over waves and across land without noticing any change in the smooth ride. Landing is very easy because your runway is always underneath you. You don't have to line up on the centerline, just reduce power, level the wings and you are down. Pull right out of the water and park on land. No tying up is needed.
😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An autogyro (from Spanish autogiro), also known as gyroplane, gyrocopter, or rotaplane, is a type of rotorcraft which uses an unpowered rotor in autorotation to develop lift, and an engine-powered...
Hovebike at a glance: Airspeed Vne: 150 KIAS (untested) Hover (out of ground effect): >10,000ft (estimated) Dry weight: 110kg Max gross weight: 270kg Total thrust: 295kg Engine: 80kw @ 7500...
is it possible to design a printed circuit board(pcb) at home.if yes then what are the tools required??beside pcb layout software. please also tell about their prices.thanks in advance.
hi every one.. i want to make a up-down counter using 8051.. two switches are connected with UC. one for up counting and one for down counting.. now the problem...
I am 4th year compurt science student.I have to submit details about the topic "skipfish" for my seminar. Please help me by providing me the details.Hope there will be aresponse...