Floods in urban areas.

Hi people!!!I'am an engineering student studying in 8th sem.I need ideas and guidance for doing my seminar on "floods in urban areas".Do you think its an interesting topic?? please suggest what more i can do regarding this topic and please give your ideas.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Since you are a Civil Engineer, I suppose you are looking at the design of structures aspect of preventing/controlling flooding. A good direction could be the development of smart structures that can perhaps communicate the strength of the beams/pillars or such supporting materials real-time to a control center. Such a project can culminate in a scaled down working model. I am thinking along the lines of strain sensors and such.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kavya m.s.
    what more i can do regarding this topic and please give your ideas.
    The issue with urban flooding is the exploitation of water catchment areas for real estate. May be you can suggest building construction on stilts so that in the event of flooding the living areas are above the maximum water level. The technology is available. A detailed 3D survey to establish the extent of correction and access modes to the operating levels (Bridges, walkways and such) have to be configured. There is a cost to it of course.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wishing our newest rockstar VoiCE editorial team member @Rucha Wankhede a very happy birthday! 😁 🎉
Varun started coding at the age of 11. By the time he was 16, he had started his first company 'Aftershock Entertainment'. Following his love for computers and technology, soon...
Third party logistics providers are becoming an attractive choice for handling transportation, especially when it comes to bulky equipment, large furniture, or large business orders. Hence, a middleman is necessary...
1. Weight Reduction Technologies in the Automotive Industry Weight Reduction Technologies in the Automotive Industry - SpecialChem 2. Fast Curing Epoxy Resins for High Pressure RTM Process (Automotive) Fast Curing...
There are certain incomes that are exempt from income tax. If you get your income from these sources, your tax liability will be zero. Eight Types of Income on Which...