[Fixed]Asus Geforce 210 not working with dual monitor

Hello,
I purchased Asus Geoforce 210 to use dual monitor in extended feature
My Machine is having one VGA port and now Geoforce 210 have three more display port - VGA | HDMI | DVI.

After connecting Geoforce 210 to my machine my original machine's VGA port is working no more if I want to use VGA then I must have to use Geoforce 210 one.

Now I tried different condition.
I am having Dell S2240L (HDMI) and LG W1943C (VGA) If I connect both monitor then it only displays on LG.
Is that possible to use VGA and HDMI both from Geoforce 210 and I can use extended monitor feature on Windows 7 Ultimate?

I have also installed driver comes within CD.

Update:
In Asus Geoforce 210 you can not use VGA+HDMI together you must have to use either DVI+HDMI or DVI+VGA if looking forward for dual monitor.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Go to display setting. There will be an option.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Harshad Italiya
    Is that possible to use VGA and HDMI both from Geoforce 210 and I can use extended monitor feature on Windows 7 Ultimate?
    Yes, You need to connect your both monitor from graphics card output only.
    Original VGA port might be disabled now. Because you are using separate hardware for display Geforce 210.
    Try connecting each monitor with separately with different cable to sure each cable and port is working.
    Then, connect both monitor and see if both monitor is showing in display properties.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They should have provided you with a software to install [ through a CD or DVD ]. Have you installed the software? It should give you all the options to setup multiple monitors.

You should connect your displays to the ports on your new GPU. That should make it work.If nothing works, just click a pic of your CPU's ports and post it here.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If I connect HDMI Cable Only it works. If I connect VGA Cable only it works.
    If I connect both then Only one works and that is HDMI.
    I was reading some issues that people faced with Asus Geoforce 210 and I read that in this graphics card either HDMI+DVI is working or VGA+DVI but not HDMI+VGA.
    So I am going to get one DVI enabled monitor and give it a test and update here.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    just click a pic of your CPU's ports and post it here.
    you mean picture of the Graphics Card Port connector?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    I read that in this graphics card either HDMI+DVI is working or VGA+DVI but not HDMI+VGA.
    So I am going to get one DVI enabled monitor and give it a test and update here
    But why so ? Just curious to know.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Same here but for now if above combination is going to work then I will do that else I want to return this graphic card. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Let me know in case you figure out why there is thing like that it is not only this graphic card but there are some other available similar which can't output VGA and HDMI at the same time.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Finally !
    I got it working I have to use either VGA or HDMI they are not working together.
    I got DVI to HDMI converter and run one monitor with DVI and another one with VGA.
    Have a look at this ๐Ÿ˜‰
    DualMonitor
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# for your help.

Abhishek Rawal
    Now it's time for this question buddy ! I will try to dig out this concept.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well done, though would have liked to see R7 in action. Maybe next upgrade? ๐Ÿ˜ Strange to read about the HDMI issue. It should work. Could be a software bug or hardware manufacturing issue. Did you try a software update from the website? The one in the CD would be outdated by shipment time.

I recently ordered a 6 display port FirePro gfx card for my operations team. Eyefinity goodness ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Well done, though would have liked to see R7 in action. Maybe next upgrade?
    Noted down ! ๐Ÿ˜€
    ash
    Could be a software bug or hardware manufacturing issue.
    Yeah ! I too think as other than this ASUS there are few more graphics card they are also doing similar things so it's more like the hardware they designed.
    ash
    The one in the CD would be outdated by shipment time.
    Yes, I did but after that I have not tried HDMI+VGA. I will give it a try this weekend may be.
    ash
    I recently ordered a 6 display port FirePro gfx card for my operations team. Eyefinity goodness ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    That's AWESOME !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What do engineers do when they get pissed off seeing their bicycles getting stolen? They design a bike that is world's most secure; because no one can steal it. The...
Someone just pinged me on Gmail asking if I had any details about CDAC Mohali recruitment. Anyone here has any ideas? I checked the official website and found that there...
hi friends i need some innovative ideas for my project please help me
This topic hasn't really been discussed on CE before. A number of students give preference to automobile engineering branch in the B.E. or B.Tech graduation course. There are a number...
My project topic is on the production of iron from red mud, however I need an alternate(indigenous) method to dry the same instead of pressure heating. Please help.