Fitbit Alta HR Arrives In India, Pre-booking Starts On Amazon From March 15th

Fitbit, the go-to name in fitness trackers has launched the successor of last year’s Fitbit Alta Puts Style In Fitness Tracking With Interchangeable Bands, Priced at Rs. 12,999. The Fitbit Alta HR was launched a few days ago in the US and has been quick to make it to Indian shores. The Fitbit Alta HR overcomes the major drawback of its predecessor by adding heart rate sensor to the stylish and slim body. The company has also upped the battery life of the Fitbit Alta HR from 5 days to 7 days. The Fitbit Alta HR performs the basic fitness tracker functions like tracking your steps, calories and distance. The Fitbit Alta HR tracks your sleep duration and stages and wakes you up at the right time of your sleep cycle with the help of a silent alarm. The Fitbit Alta HR will soon be able to track your sleep stages with the help of an upcoming update scheduled for spring 2017. The Fitbit Alta HR has an OLED display that cycle through various stats and clock faces.

Fitbit Alta HR

The Fitbit Alta HR features the company’s PurePulse Heart Rate technology that continuously tracks your heart rate and shows you the various stages of your workout. The Fitbit Alta HR is smart enough to know when you have begun any physical activity such as walking, running, cycling and more with the help of SmartTrack. The Fitbit Alta HR is also able to receive notifications from your smartphone for call, text and calendar alerts. When you are sitting idle for more than a certain duration of time, the Fitbit Alta HR alerts you to complete a mini task of taking 250 steps.

The Fitbit Alta HR remains true to its core of style and offers the product in various colour and style variants. The Fitbit Alta HR is available in Black/Stainless Steel, Blue Gray/Stainless Steel, Fuchsia/Stainless Steel, Coral/Stainless Steel, Black/Gunmetal and Soft Pink/Rose Gold. The price of the Stainless Steel models is Rs. 14,999. The Gunmetal and Rose Gold models will set you back by Rs. 16,999. You can buy replacement bands for your Fitbit Alta HR too. The classic ones (the ones that come with the product) are priced at Rs. 2,999, the leather ones are priced at Rs. 5,999 and the metal bracelet costs you a whopping Rs. 9,999. The Fitbit Alta HR will start its sale as an Amazon exclusive in the beginning. You can pre-order the Fitbit Alta HR from Amazon in between 15th to 30th March. From April 1 to April 15 the Fitbit Alta will be available only on Amazon. After 15th of April, the Fitbit Alta will make its way to retail stores and will remain available on Amazon, as Amazon has the sole online retailer rights to all Fitbit products in India.

If you are on a budget you can always go for the Mi Band 2 with heart rate sensor that costs Rs. 1,999 which is cheaper than the cheapest replacement band. If you are looking exclusively for a Fitbit you can go with the big screen #-Link-Snipped-# (with heart rate sensor) which is currently retailing at Rs. 11,999 on Amazon.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember the time Xiaomi launched a Smart Rice Cooker under its crowd-funded Mijia brand? This showed Xiaomi’s determination to make itself a fully fledged electronics brand and put itself next...
Howdy everyone I am Boris, I am new to this site. Hope I will get good tips from like minded persons. Thank you very much for creating this great platform
Hi, everyone I am Boris a newbie here. I need help to pick a good topic for my engineering project. I found a site named Techshore inspection service offering free...
iVoomi, a rather unheard Chinese smartphone brand has made its way to India. iVoomi’s first offering in the lucrative market of India is the iV505. The iVoomi iV505 is perhaps...
Google has introduced support for Hindi language in its artificial intelligence powered translation service along with Russian and Vietnamese. Barak Turovsky, who heads the translation product at Google announced the...