First Year Electrical Engineering - General Question

Hi guys,

I'm a first year ee student, so I havent even begun to touch the surface of any hard, complicated problems. I'm just wondering if anyone on here could give me a heads up on anything I could/should study beforehand so that Im prepared when I do take the classes.

thanks,

Dorin

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: General Question

Begin reading the lessons before they are taught in classes. Read about the elementary topics like voltage difference, current flow, units of measurement and try to visualize everything in your mind. Wikipedia articles about the basic terminologies used in electrical/electronics engineering should be a good starting point. You can even try building your own, simple circuits 😀 It's quite interesting, actually. Electronics For You is a good site where you can find tons of projects that will help you get started.
  • Arp
    Arp
    in the first year or first semester hopefully machines not come to u. so i recommend to u to read the basic laws of physics. specifically if u cant read the physics as i suppose everyone so read the first chapter only of pc sen. read it as many times as you can and master it then machines become simple for u
  • lisa_88
    lisa_88
    Totally endorse Big_K
  • dorin567
    dorin567
    Thanks for the responses....what do you guys think about Sparkfun electronics or instrucables.com as more of a hands on approach to learning some of these concepts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I am doing some work with the LMS, NLMS and RLS adaptive algorithms in the applications of ultrasonic NDT, at this stage; i am intending to do experiments to...
Those looking for tech specs comparison, here it is: All the top smartphones compared - Source: iPhone 4S vs. the smartphone elite: Galaxy S II, Bionic and Titan -- Engadget...
[TABLE] [TR] [TD="align: center"]iPhone 4S [/TD] [TD="width: 20%, align: center"]iPhone 4 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Price (on contract)[/TD] [TD="width: 20%, bgcolor: #b3e2c4, align: center"]$199 16GB, $299 32GB, $399 64GB[/TD]...
hi! I was wondering if some experience engineer out there can give some newbs engineer a few interview tips? Thanks EE nano
All CEans, Tomorrow is Vijaya Dasami, the tenth day of Dasara. Traditionally it is the day when any new learning activity is started. There is no religious significance. Persons of...