First patent of a mechanical fan

Please refer to the picture below.

Patent,_Mechanical_Fan,_1830 (1) OX- Shows the top supporting frame.

XY- It is the part which contains a membrane and does to and fro motion to blow air.

The main part is the compound gear train used. The gear train is such that it reduces torque and multiplies speed. So, the final driven gear (which drives the mechanism) moves at a much higher speed than the driving gear (gear attached to weight). This means that very small movement of weight would result in many flaps of "XY". Therefore, if the weight is chosen wisely, it would move down very slowly and mechanism will run for a long time.

Great mechanism......... 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A team of mechanical engineering professors at the Brigham Young University have developed a super-hydrophobic (or waterproof) surface that is capable of bouncing the droplet of water like a ball...
A team of engineering researchers at Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials has come up with a project called EU SARISTU (short for Smart Intelligent Aircraft Structures) that...
please tell me abt instrumentation jobs....newly opening.my resume and pic iz attached here. thanking you
Lava Mobiles has did it again for Indian consumers. They have launched a new smartphone in the mid-budget segment called "Lava IRIS X1" that features all the basic features and...
I am using Midori Web browser, I have tested all other heavy websites from Flipkart, ZDnet, Phoronix, etc. Each & every website is appearing properly, except my favourite one, CrazyEngineers....