Firefox Or IE 7?

Yet another trillion dollar question! Firefox or IE 7!

Let's try to compare both the browser covering techincal/ethical/moral ( 😁 ) aspects of using any of these browsers.

I've been using IE 7 since past 2.5 hours and its working cool! Much better than my expectation. I agree that it crashes more often than you'd like it to. But its still in beta stage and will undergo more changes. At least it looks much better and compact than IE 6. Btw, this post comes from IE 7 πŸ˜‰ & our forums' default font 'Verdana' looks much better in it.

I've always been a fan of FireFox! Guess Firefox's gonna have a big fight in future!

So shout here! Firefox Or IE ? & support your vote with 'why'?

HapPy Browsing 😁

-The Big K-

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Hey comeon dude!!!

No fight between Firefox and IE 7.0
    FIrefox is much better than IE'*.*
    IE 7 has maximum features same as FF isn't it???
    Didn't get an oppurtinity to use it till now....
    but still FF rocks

Cheers
    Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Btw, those who want to try IE 7.0 Beta preview -

Here's the download link-
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Have Fun! 😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Btw, those who want to try IE 7.0 Beta preview -

Here's the download link-
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Have Fun! 😁

My advise to Crzy guys who want to use IE 7 is please take precautions and back up before using this...
    I heard a lot about that and mine experience too is not so good on this ....
    It may lead to a problem and that can force you to format your machine.
    Its slow and boring. hangs many a time and .......

FireFox Rocks...

--crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It seems that the latest beta is okay. I faced a few problems while loading images in IE 7.

Otherwise the browser does a good job 😁

I'm waiting for the first stable release of IE 7. Btw, any feedback on Opera? Site stats show that we have around 1% visitors who use Opera browser. Way to go ! Opera !

😁

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    firefox

My vote for Firefox 😁

IE can never match the performance of FF. Mozilla rocks!

I don't have any emotional attachment with the Mozilla community. Its just that I am a big fan of open source software :sleeping:

crook
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crook
    My vote for Firefox 😁

IE can never match the performance of FF. Mozilla rocks!

I don't have any emotional attachment with the Mozilla community. Its just that I am a big fan of open source software :sleeping:

crook

tes dude...FF rocks...no IE7....😁😁

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm facing problems with IE 7 (the latest beta). It seems that IE gotta work on the 'history' stuff a lot.

I'll wait till they release their product.

Fingers crossed 😁

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    I'm facing problems with IE 7 (the latest beta). It seems that IE gotta work on the 'history' stuff a lot.

I'll wait till they release their product.

Fingers crossed 😁

-The Big K-

Hey biggi.....be aware of it...
    it can cause you formatting of machine....😁

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Machine formatting? you sure? :shifty:

I agree that IE 7 is buggy but looks really nice 😁 say wat?

any idea about the latest beta release?

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    machine formatting?

Crazyboy? are you crazy? 😁 Is there a fix for the problem?

I've already downloaded the setup but yet to install it. Lucky Me 😁 ! Biggie, I've the latest beta setup but I'll wait till someone confirms that IE doesn't lead to disk formatting! πŸ˜•

I had never heard about Opera but I've been trying it since past one week and it works fine. It will take a while for it to take my heart πŸ˜‰

Will rely on Firefox till then.

rick
    ps - What's the deal with 'CrazyEngineers with Firefox' button that appears on the main page (below the top posters section) ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    yes buddy i am crazy...😁

btw...Biggi.........yes one of my college mate ......was unlucky .......
    IE 7 made him.......format the disk...it was becuase of IE 7 or not.......that i don;t know...but he told after installing this the problems started.

--Crazy😁
  • crook
    crook
    that's true crazyboy. I ran into problems after installing IE 7 too. Their installer is heavy ( approx 11.7 MB , which is too much for dialup users like me)

the best thing is the 'thumbnail' preview of webpages. Try it! you might start liking IE 7 πŸ˜‰
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crook
    that's true crazyboy. I ran into problems after installing IE 7 too. Their installer is heavy ( approx 11.7 MB , which is too much for dialup users like me)

the best thing is the 'thumbnail' preview of webpages. Try it! you might start liking IE 7 πŸ˜‰

keep your finger crossed...till you can work ...πŸ˜‰

And inbtw...if it doesn't cause problems to you...than its good i know that....But still i must say...FF rocks....IE can never compare it.
    πŸ˜πŸ˜’--Crazy
  • crook
    crook
    yahoo toolbar allows you to add tabs to Internet explorer πŸ˜’ ! is yahoo going anti-mozilla ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    IE 7 Beta 3 is out

I have downloaded the Beta3 of IE7. It seems that they have removed lot of bugs in the current release.

Its important to note that the CE message compose box is loaded properly in IE7 beta 3. Earlier, it was almost impossible to edit the text. The current version looks more stable.

Website preview tab is a cool feature too. The browser comes with an auto feed detector.

Interestingly, the default seach engine is 'Google' ! :shock:

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Ff

well i have always used IE and never felt a need to change my explorer. but very lately i was increasingly facing problems with my system. being adviced to change my browser i switched over to FF and i was actually relieved!!! it took me quite a few weeks to figure out that all the problems rest with my browser. since then nothing other than FF for me.
    so i go in favour of Fire Fox πŸ˜€
  • instruite
    instruite
    firefox because it offers more features and helpful tools (extensions) for web designers and developers like me πŸ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    instruite
    firefox because it offers more features and helpful tools (extensions) for web designers and developers like me πŸ˜€
    With FF 2.0 if we will compare IE 7.0 BETA than I will suggest someone to appeal to close this debate...😁😁

--crazy
  • instruite
    instruite
    crazyboy
    With FF 2.0 if we will compare IE 7.0 BETA than I will suggest someone to appeal to close this debate...😁😁

--crazy
    my opinion was not only related to IE 7 beta only but IE in general
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I dont know how can anyone ask this question!!:roll:

Is there any comparison between IE-whatever and Firefox πŸ˜€ ... ofcourse there aint.

Its firefox all the way!!
  • safeman
    safeman
    guyz its not beta anymore.ie7 final is released but i yet support ff.
    it rocks man.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Safe, check out Firefox 2.0, RC3 is out πŸ˜€ ... the new version has better tab handling ... IE7 beta had just managed to up firefox in that field, but 2.0 is much better πŸ˜€.

Some time back had read the blog of the lead of IE team from MS, and he in his blog has agreed that it will never be better than Firefox or Opera.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Ps: Administrator...Please mearge Browser war and this thread

--Thanks, Crazy
  • adi
    adi
    my vote for firefox
    😁
  • desijays
    desijays
    all you folks have forgotten opera. the contest shouldn't be between IE and FF. it should be between FF and opera.

IE isn't even in the same league. shove IE back to redmond.

me personally use opera. i've tried FF too. I like that one as well. its just that i've been using opera for 5 years. old habits die hard ;-)
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Re: Firefox Or Opera

You need to fork out cash for Opera ... Firefox is free πŸ˜€

Performance-wise, Opera tops out on FF (marginally and that too in only some fields). So I would ask you, is that money worth it when you can get the same product offering for free??

Posted this reply through my trusty FF 2.0!
  • desijays
    desijays
    Re: Firefox Or Opera

kidakaka
    You need to fork out cash for Opera ... Firefox is free πŸ˜€

Performance-wise, Opera tops out on FF (marginally and that too in only some fields). So I would ask you, is that money worth it when you can get the same product offering for free??

Posted this reply through my trusty FF 2.0!
    I think you've been living in stonehenge the last couple of days, out of contact with civilization πŸ˜‰ just kidding mate.

You don't need to buy opera any longer. it is freely available for download at their website for desktop and laptops. for cell phones, you still have to burn a small hole in ur pocket. check it out.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    cool πŸ˜€ ... hadnt chked it out ... maybe i shud switch ... just that gotten so much used to this ... worth a chkout nonetheless πŸ˜€
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    IE is low when compared to mozilla or Latest Opera.

Even IE-7 creates big issues i face,

IE-6 is most better than IE-7.

And as i like open source,

Opera and Mozilla is Fast and Recommended to all User by me.

Regards,
    A.Sk...
  • akravikanth
    akravikanth
    My vote goes for Firefox, but some people say opera is better and faster than firefox, absolutely no, i can write a chart of differences between opera and firefox.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    akravikanth
    My vote goes for Firefox, but some people say opera is better and faster than firefox, absolutely no, i can write a chart of differences between opera and firefox.
    I wont go with it.
    If possible just list me here.

Thanks and Regards,
    A.SK...
  • rahul dev choud
    rahul dev choud
    hey man there is no comparison with Mozilla firefox....its works much better than that of IE 7...

MOZILLA is da BeSt...
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    rahul dev choud
    hey man there is no comparison with Mozilla firefox....its works much better than that of IE 7...

MOZILLA is da BeSt...
    If Possible coule you show me chart for it to expain its the better one.

Regards,
    -A.SK...
  • crazy
    crazy
    yup..no second thoughts except FF. Its works very well wherther
    for downloads or any other things. Mozzila FF is far better than IE 7.
  • xero
    xero
    Though I use firefox, doesn't mean IE go to hell !!!!

The best part about the ver 7.0 better resource optimization, that firefox.

NJOY
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crazy
    yup..no second thoughts except FF. Its works very well wherther
    for downloads or any other things. Mozzila FF is far better than IE 7.
    Buddy before any statement just go to TASK MANAGER and see process size for both IT 7 and FF you will find a considerabily difference...in size.

BTW am too a big fan of FF.. but IE too is good..

--Crazy
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    I am a big fan of FF and Opera( bcoz of its Wap Enabled ).

But i found some thing good in IE7.

Really it sounds Fine then its previous.

My Votes are included even to IE7 apart from my fav's.

Regards,
    A.Sudhakar...
  • anupam_smart
    anupam_smart
    well I use Opera (generally) and find it too good than IE(haven't used IE7,although i do have it):smile:
  • davidc2p
    davidc2p
    Let's try to compare them on the perspective of the web developper.

When using IE, at least since version 5, it seems that everything you program, in JavaScript will work, things that are even contrary to the norms quoted in World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). And it seems great at first glance...

The problem is when you try to open your work into a different browser Firefox or Opera. Things are begin to appear differently, or even fail to work properly. And you begin to blame Firefox or Opera because your code is not working. Many programmer would say: "let's develop it on IE, 80% of the people use it, and let's put a message on our page stating "Best on IE"". I had to rewrite many lines of code because of it.

Well that would be a mistake! Why ?

Because IE doesn't use the norms and microsoft creates its own norms trying to grad the market entirely. That is not very ethical!

Firefox however respects the norms and has a great DOM analyzer and integrated debugger that IE doesn't have.

If you are a developper, use Firefox. What will work on Firefox, will also work on IE.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    My vote is for Firefox only . IE7 is not at all secured.

Please check following link for latest updates of IE :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe IE8 is going to kick everyone out of competition. Google Chrome is catching up pretty faster! Its already become my default browser, replacing Firefox!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    I believe IE8 is going to kick everyone out of competition.
    I don't think so.Well, what these IE people do,don't know they have released till now so many versions still none of them is good.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    The_Big_K
    I believe IE8 is going to kick everyone out of competition. Google Chrome is catching up pretty faster! Its already become my default browser, replacing Firefox!
    I Agree you completely.

Even I was used to Google Chrome than using Friefox.

Every time my browser will have more than 160 tabs opened, where google secures my tabs by not crashing everything than one hard tab.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    I don't think so.Well, what these IE people do,don't know they have released till now so many versions still none of them is good.
    Did you try IE 8 Beta 2?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Not yet πŸ˜” but don't have any trust on it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've got IE 8 beta, Firefox 3, Chrome & Opera installed, and try to keep all updated if possible.

I don't think its good to be a total "fan" of a particular browser, since the fanaticism can make you oblivious (or worse, ignorant) to any flaws.. small or large. The opposite is also true; if other browsers contains some great functions that your current doesnt have at the moment, you'll not try it out because you are anti to it.

Competition is good. We don't one single browser to be too dominant.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    Not yet πŸ˜” but don't have any trust on it.
    Do it, please. Microsoft knows how to hit back, and hit back hard. I am not saying that in context of IE; all I know is that they will hit back!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I've got IE 8 beta, Firefox 3, Chrome & Opera installed, and try to keep all updated if possible.

I don't think its good to be a total "fan" of a particular browser, since the fanaticism can make you oblivious (or worse, ignorant) to any flaws.. small or large. The opposite is also true; if other browsers contains some great functions that your current doesnt have at the moment, you'll not try it out because you are anti to it.

Competition is good. We don't one single browser to be too dominant.
    Ash, IE8 does a pretty good job on my machine. Now there are errors (its still beta) but I see the performance has gone up for sure!

What do you think?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Its good, though I dont have any key benchmarks to asses its performance. Still does the basic stuffs properly πŸ˜‰

Btw, I only realized recently that you can't use FF to update windows manually. lol πŸ˜›
  • cse_200509
    cse_200509
    firefox is fast and free.
  • ideamonk
    ideamonk
    Firefox any day. It's developed by a community of people who love doing it all over the world. That's a much more diverse developer group, compared to IE development group.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    πŸ˜€ We had interviewd Mr. Johnathan Nightangle from Firefox (Mozilla) on CE. Firefox fans may check the interview here -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • icehari
    icehari
    My vote is completely for firefox the plugins available for firefox made my mind to choose that and the page load soon even if your connection speed is 100kbps....

firefox rocks.....
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    100 kbps is an impressive speed! Beats my old 28.8k πŸ˜‰

One problem of having too many plugins is the necessity to update each one of them. FF safe mode would be the best for a quick load and surf if you dont need to use them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Ppl, I got some very tricky problems to be solved...i need to submit it on friday to my prof..but i already have 2 tests this week..so i am not...
Hi 2 all, I am contemplating development of a RTOS Kernel for use in my applications. You do have licensing issues with most of the commertial Kernels and Linux is...
HI Er 's ..i need a help...i need code for BigInteger class in pure java (no packages shold be imported even the io and math package)πŸ˜’
hi all i have completed electronics n telecommunications enggineering in the yr 2005 ..i got a percentile of 92 in gate 2005 but i didnt make it to iits so...
Its been on my mind since ages. How about developing a comprehensive newbie guide? I'd like to know if anyone wants to volunteer for this? If we get more response...