Firefox and Chrome problems

Since last 5-6 days I am facing a typical problem with Chrome and Firefox. In both the browsers all the images are appearing as blurred. Do not know what is the reason ๐Ÿ˜•

However In IE images are displaying properly. any suggestions?

I am using 3.0.10 firefox; and 1.0.154.65 version of Chrome.

-CB

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    Since last 5-6 days I am facing a typical problem with Chrome and Firefox. In both the browsers all the images are appearing as blurred.
    -CB
    Can you Please share the screenshots (if possible) ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    How to posts the images?
    Sorry to say but I could not see your image ๐Ÿ˜”. You have to upload it using either flickr.com or imageshack.us
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I guess your system might be running shortage of memmory. Try closing any memeory consuming program if it still shows same problem. For me it works absolutely fine. By the way which version of IE you are trying?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    shalini_goel14
    I guess your sy7.0.6001stem might be running shortage of memmory. Try closing any memeory consuming program if it still shows same problem. For me it works absolutely fine. By the way which version of IE you are trying?
    My system RAM is 3 GB, 250 GB Hard disk out of which around 90 GB is free disk space in c drive. Also am not running any memory consuming application.

IE version: 7.0.6001.18001
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you zoomed your browser views? (it doesn't look like so, but still confirming). Press CTRL+0
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Yes... still no benefits.
  • lal
    lal
    Try increasing your cache, may help.

Personally i like Opera browser.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Any fixes yet? Please don't forget to share.

Wait wait..your system is virus-free right?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No luck till now... Yup, My system is absolute safe :evil: Keeping my fingers crossed
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Couple of questions -

1. Is the CE-Only problem or persists on all the websites with images?
    2. Did you tweak anything in these browsers?
    3. Have you tried uninstalling the browsers and then installing latest version of these browsers?

I tried searching for similar problem report on the Internet, but no luck. Looks like a strange problem to me.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    My bad, I too tried on web but with no luck.

The problem is with FF and chrome only and for orkut and CE only. ๐Ÿ˜”
    All other websites are opening properly. I tried re-installing both but no good luck. I had not tweaked any thing; thats what I think ๐Ÿ˜•

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    :neutral:

I'll have to scratch my brain on this. CB - I'm assuming you have the latest versions of both the browsers.

Also, could you try the following -

1. Create a .jpg image using MS paint.
    2. Open the image in all three browsers (IE, FF, Chrome).
    3. Observe the images.

If this works, we'll be one step closer to the root of the problem.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am using 3.0.10 firefox; and 1.0.154.65 version of Chrome.
    About experiements; I can do that in evening only as thats my home laptop.

-CB
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    My bad, I too tried on web but with no luck.

The problem is with FF and chrome only and for orkut and CE only. ๐Ÿ˜”
    All other websites are opening properly. I tried re-installing both but no good luck. I had not tweaked any thing; thats what I think ๐Ÿ˜•

-CB
    Hey try one more thing.

Right Click on the browser icon(or shortcut)
    Go to Properties
    Check once what is in "Display" settings ?
    Also check settings in browser Tools->Options->Advanced->Network

Please try changing them if it works?
    All the best !
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Shalini / Biggi - No luck with these experiments.

Even I had updated Ff to 3.5 but with no good luck. Biggi simple image is opening correctly in FF.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really have no clue. No one else reported such a problem before and I've tried searching for similar problem on the internet -with no luck through.

CB - do you see the same problem on your home pc / laptop or office pc as well? If it's only on office PC, please try to see if it's persistent on your colleague's machines.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Have you cleared browser cache and cookies? I guess reason may be you browse these two sites(CE and orkut) frequently

By the way what are the browser settings that I asked you in my last post ?

One more thing , it should definitely work after uninstalling and then doing fresh installationof browsers. If still not -something wrong may be in your local .
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    i cleared that..

biggi its my home laptop.. not my office one. on my office one its working fine.

-cb
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey one last question - are you using Tata Indicom connection?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    its reliance plug n play.....

does that matter?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    its reliance plug n play.....

does that matter?
    Yes that is the only problem. What is the speed of your connection ? Reliance people provided any software also for playing that so called plug ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    shalini_goel14
    Yes that is the only problem. What is the speed of your connection ? Reliance people provided any software also for playing that so called plug ?
    They have usb drive using that we can access net connection. speed 3.1 mbps..
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Are you sure 3.1Mbps ? - That's good, Lucky man but just last time you can do one more experiment. Try connecting your laptop to some landline connection if possible [ Note , no USB based connection ]. If same problem -can't help, if not- problem solved ๐Ÿ˜

All the best !
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, I don't think that reliance USB card would be the problem.

I too use the same Reliance USB Data card when I'm in my college hostel. I haven't experienced such a problem until now.

No idea what the problem might be, though!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    On retrospect, I think Reliance Data card has some option, letting you to choose between image quality and speed. At least mine has.

It has four options, like speed is max and image quality is very poor, all the way upto image quality very good and speed is lowest.

Perhaps, there lies the problem for you. Try changing those settings..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Sri Lankan juggernaut crushed West Indies by 57 runs in Friday's lop-sided semifinal to set up a summit clash with Pakistan in the final of the T20 World Cup...
I have got an idea of converting the unused mechanical energy from the rotation of wheels of various automobiles to useful electrical energy.. First of all we will use a...
Hi everyone, I need to make the On/Off control circuit for my StepUp project but I need the Transfer Function. Can anyone help me out?
Hey am a third year electrical engineering student,working on ideas to start a project. I've found this one..how will i start a project on fault control for a switching network...
Hi, I was just trying something with C and I stumbled upon this little piece of code. void main() { union { int a; struct { char b; char c;...