Firefox 3.5 - Review

Boy!

I'm using FireFox 3.5 RC3 and it's rocking fast! 😁😁

I guess Mozilla folks have incorporated their new javascript rendering engine in 3.5 and I can notice the speed!

Are you still on old FF?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    so.. no more Chrome for you? *grin*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, unless Firefox start crashing; I'm not moving to any other browser.

or Microsoft pays me to use IE8.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Oh man!!!!

its lighting fast.. i just installed FF3.5. too good man !!!!!

-CB
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, before I try it, I have this silly doubt. How can they increase browsing speed by making mods in the browser? Doesn't browsing speed depend on the modem and connection speed?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The speed not only depends on connection speed. It does depend on how fast your browser can render web pages, complex javascript code and images.

There are various techniques used. Smart Caching is one of them. Moreover, when Google wrote their Chrome Browser, they created a javascript engine V8 from scratch which was about 8 times as fast as any other javascript engine.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the main difference between micro processor and micro controller
hi there am new member in CE, and it is my first time for me here i joint CE to improve my knowladge and skill in engineering life. am in...
I think it would be better if CEans provided with an option like watch list. To subscribe to all threads of particular section. In this way the CEan can add...
Look at this folks - The green & the blue colors that you see - is actually just one color! 😲 Amazing, isn't it?
hi crazyengineers, Im a final year mechanical engg student in an anna univ affiliated college. i want to be design engineer. is it useful studiying auto cad,CATIA,Pro E,ANSYS,primevera while doin...