Find the number

Which is the smallest number, with which if you divide by 10 you get 9 as reminder, divide by 9 you get 8 as reminder, divide by 8 you get 7 as reminder and likewise upto if you divide by 2 you get 1 as reminder?

Replies

• andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    i tried but couldnt get friend............please reveal the answer
  • Maheswara
    Maheswara
    the answer is 2519
  • u_know_who
    u_know_who
    cool, please give this type of problems more. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shivamvaishy
    shivamvaishy
    whats d solution boss...??i did't got d ans till now,...is 2519 is d correct one??
  • Reya
    Reya
    @shivam: 2519 is the right answer ๐Ÿ˜€

Taking LCM of all the reminders and subtract it by 1.
  • shivamvaishy
    shivamvaishy
    so how we get d asnwer as 2519...
    as it is such a big,i mean 4 digit number so how to reach up to that number...??
  • shivamvaishy
    shivamvaishy
    its ok 2519 is d correct ans but how did u got it...??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The numerals 9,8,7and 5 are multiples of all other numerals. Multiply all these ans subtract 1 from the product to get 2519.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, I am JKG. I have completed ECE this year.I wanted to enter into a creative world.That thought of mine helped me to enter into Crazy Engineers.com ๐Ÿ˜€
Talking shop: engineering entrepreneurs explain their success | In-depth | The Engineer
[h=1]Collaboration develops wireless charging system for race cars[/h] Read more: Collaboration develops wireless charging system for race cars | News | The Engineer โ€‹
US researchers have invented a transparent lithium-ion battery that could lead to see-through electronic devices. Read more: Researchers create transparent and flexible lithium-ion battery | News | The Engineer โ€‹
Hello CEans, How about building a software,where we provide it with a picture(as an input) and with some pattern matching algorithms,we get the details of the picture(through any pictures database...