Find the next number: 12,12,18,45,180,1170,?

The series is -

12,12,18,45,180,1170,?

What's the next number in above series?

Replies

• bayazidahmed
    bayazidahmed

Shall I give the solution or wait for some one else to rattle their brain and figure it out?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bayazidahmed

Shall I give the solution or wait for some one else to rattle their brain and figure it out?
    😁 Wait!

If no one replies in next 24 hours, post the explanation!
  • bayazidahmed
    bayazidahmed
    I am too busy to post the explanation now. I'll leave it for another 24 hours.
  • mahul
    mahul
    Yep, my answer matches with that of bayazidahmed, 12285.

Here's the solution:

Lets name the general term of the sequence T(n)

The sequence (say R(n)) where R(n)=T(n+1)/T(n)
    is 1,1.5,2.5,4,6.5...

The sequnece (say S(n)) where S(n)=R(n+1)-R(n)
    is 0.5,1,1.5,2.5....

Thus S(n) can be thought of a fibonacci style sequence where S(n)=S(n-1)+S(n-2)
    Considering this relation, the next term in S(n) would be 1.5+2.5=4

Considering this, the next trem in R(n) would be 6.5+4=10.5

Thus the next term in T(n)=1170*10.5 = 12285

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There's an entrepreneur in each one of us - and as its said, Engineers are at the core of entrepreneurship. So, I believe lot of CEans among us have tried...
can any one help me abt comon emitter amplifier using PNP transistor.. i wanna see its output on DC load line . let it Q-point is adjusted in center of...
hi friends weather every electrical machines have skew lines in its rotor surface?😒
hello all.. actually when i partitioned my hard disk i made a 6 gb partition for Windows..But as i installed .net platform and sql server..and many other applications which i...
CEans, Being an engineers community, we are special. God created nature and we filled it with stuff. Unfortunately, we are the ones directly/indirectly responsible for polluting the atmosphere - do...