Find maximum power of 3 in 24!

upload_2014-10-20_10-42-41

Please tell the approach of solving ques 25.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm typing it for the benefit of the community here 😀

It is desired to extract maximum power of 3 from 24! where n! = n.(n-1).(n-2)...3.2.1. What will be exponent of 3?

Options:
    a) 8 b) 9 c) 11 d)10

Since this is a math question, I'm moving this to proper section. Also updated the title to make it obvious to know what's the question about.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The factors must be themselves multiples of 3. In this case these are: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 & 24.
    the powers of 3 in these are, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1 &1 respectively.
    The highest power of three that can be got by a product of these 8 factors is the sum of the 8 powers = 10.
  • satyam Dubey
    satyam Dubey

50! Maximum power 5

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First question.. ,ques no,in this question actually i am not able to understand the approach involved.. Second question.. ques 20 ,In this ques according to me answer should be 2...
Attify, a Mobile Security Services and Training company, was founded by Aditya Gupta and Hrishikesh Kumar in the year 2013. Attify is based in Bangalore, India. Aditya Gupta is an...
Microsoft is working on a smartwatch and it's got a heart rate monitor too. Nothing exciting, right? According to a report published in Forbes, Microsoft's smart watch will work with...
public class qu11 { int fun(int num) {int count=0; while(num>0) { count++; num<<=1; } return count; } public static void main(String aa[]) { qu11 obj=new qu11(); int output= obj.fun(435); System.out.println(output);...
Hello everyone. 😀 I am a second year student and I want to learn some designing. AutoCAD or Solid Edge? Which is better ? I am intrested in solid edge...