Final year project in Information Security/Ethical Hacking

I'm interested in Ethical Hacking and wish to do my engineering project related to it. I'm currently in final year and want to know if there are any ideas I could work upon.Β 

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Can you elaborate what kind of help you want?
  • ShArMaT
    ShArMaT
    need projects in ethical hackin or information security.....
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    sorry bro If you are looking for ready made projects then i don't think so any one will help you here

if you are looking for some project idea

then here it is

You can work on a project that will encrypt file ie provided by user and then transmit it to desired location where the receiver will decrypt it.You can use various encryption/decryption techniques?

You can also work on prevention of DDOS attack.

If you want any kind of help then ceans are here to help you πŸ˜€
  • ShArMaT
    ShArMaT
    i expect oly topics n idea ....
  • VINEETPANWAR
    VINEETPANWAR
    hi this is vineet ...i am new to this firm....
    i am btech final year student.....and looking for some guidance on project related to ethical hacking
    please help me....in any way...

actly ..i dont have profound knowledge about hackig but i am working on it ...
    but i nee some guidance....
    i have 5-6 months for my project ........plspls help me.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    VINEETPANWAR
    hi this is vineet ...i am new to this firm....
    i am btech final year student.....and looking for some guidance on project related to ethical hacking
    please help me....in any way...

actly ..i dont have profound knowledge about hackig but i am working on it ...
    but i nee some guidance....
    i have 5-6 months for my project ........plspls help me.
    what kind of help do you want buddy?

Regarding project idea or something else

See there are many areas in ethical hacking also .You are interested in encryption/decryption,network security,internet attacks or something else

Please be more specific .It will help others to help you
  • VINEETPANWAR
    VINEETPANWAR
    thanks for reply..
    i need help on network security and internet attacks.....i kno quite difficult to digest,,,,but i can carryy.....
  • VINEETPANWAR
    VINEETPANWAR
    first of assist me from where should i start ....for this field...and can i have this for my career option....
  • ShArMaT
    ShArMaT
    i am interested in internet attacks n encryption n decryption...plz giv me some idea....???
  • ShArMaT
    ShArMaT
    i had joined in AFCEH tht starts on july 29th....
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    If you are looking for any project in security and internet attacks

then i think your best choice is to take any open source IDS ,such as snort ,syslog,barnyard etc

find its limitations and modify it to remove those limitations,
  • Sumit Chand
    Sumit Chand
    hey CE-GOYAL GURU.............i m keen interested in makin project over Crytography.......an want to have an understanding of cipher algos ..would u help me in any way
  • Sumit Chand
    Sumit Chand
    please any1..please suggest me the bst book on Cryptography ..pls
  • Reya
    Reya
    William Stallings is one of the best books for cryptographyπŸ˜€
  • Sumit Chand
    Sumit Chand
    have any memeber of CE had done somethng in ths field...pls help me!thanks
  • aki90
    aki90
    hi everyone ....i m a final yr student and want to make project related to encryption/decryption or anti phishing software.......so plz anyone help me and suggest me some project ideas..........πŸ˜€πŸ˜
  • aki90
    aki90
    hiiii everyone..........plz help me with some suggestions......as i m doing a anti-phishing project(phishing detection software).......plz help me with your valuable suggestions........πŸ˜€πŸ˜
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    aki90
    hiiii everyone..........plz help me with some suggestions......as i m doing a anti-phishing project(phishing detection software).......plz help me with your valuable suggestions........πŸ˜€πŸ˜
    How would you like us to help? Have you done any base work on what you wanna do?
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    How would you like us to help? Have you done any base work on what you wanna do?
    yes......i m doing documentation work before implementing...........i want to know whether java is used for making anti-phishing software or not.........and i m matching the URL and address of the site entered by the user with the original website to know whether the website entered by user is legal or not.......instead of doing this what are the other attributes of the website should be matched to legalise the website.........plz help me as i m new to this field.........
    Are you trying to make a proxy server, because, if you are making some kind of URL filter and sending it to the browser, then it acts as a proxy between your original internet connection and the browser. Getting what I said??? 😁
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    Are you trying to make a proxy server, because, if you are making some kind of URL filter and sending it to the browser, then it acts as a proxy between your original internet connection and the browser. Getting what I said??? 😁
    yeah i got it.........but i don't want to make some complex project because this is a minor project so i want it as simple as i can make.........i m just made a window with a text field in it,and a database in SQL which contains the URL of some popular websites whose phishing chances are more......when user enter a website's URL in text field and press enter....the URL is being matched with the URLs given in the database and if a perfect match is found a pop-up window with a confirmation message appears and if URL doesn't match then a error window appears...........this is what i want to make ......i need help whether this concept is correct or not........πŸ˜‰
    I don't get you when you use SQL for storing and matching... Oki, fine... There is a site called faceb00k dot com which is a phishing site of facebook. How would you check with your logic whether it is the real site or the duplicate one? 😐
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    I don't get you when you use SQL for storing and matching... Oki, fine... There is a site called faceb00k dot com which is a phishing site of facebook. How would you check with your logic whether it is the real site or the duplicate one? 😐
    This URL "faceb00k.com",it contain two zero's in place of two O's................i saved the URL of original website i.e "facebook.com" in my database when the URL of phishing website is compared with original URL saved in database a mismatch occur between zero and 'O' ......and my software gives an error message.............are you satisfid now or not.......πŸ˜€πŸ˜
    Oki... How does it check if it is going to faceb00k.com instead of facebook.com??? Got my point??? How does it know that the user is intending to go to facebook.com??? 😐
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    Oki... How does it check if it is going to faceb00k.com instead of facebook.com??? Got my point??? How does it know that the user is intending to go to facebook.com??? 😐
    whenever a user enters a site in address bar ......it compares the URL of that website with all the URL's stored in database..........if match is found it allow the user to visit that site otherwise gives an error message............it not compare the URL of "faceb00k.com" particularly with the URL of "facebook.com", it compares the URL with all the URL's stored in the database.....................
    Oki... Now what if I give as crazyengineers.com or something else, which is not there. Take for eg., icicibank.com... or some bank sites, where phishing is common and it is not available in the database. 😐 What is your answer for this? How will it know what is the intended website and the site it is going??? 😐
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    Oki... Now what if I give as crazyengineers.com or something else, which is not there. Take for eg., icicibank.com... or some bank sites, where phishing is common and it is not available in the database. 😐 What is your answer for this? How will it know what is the intended website and the site it is going??? 😐
    that's what i m trying to say.......my software gives info only about those sites which are stored in database by me.........this is a mini project and store only finite number of sites in database......i need help only doing this i can further increase my project as a major project later .......now only i want a minor project to show in the college what i have done in my project based training period.........plz help me......πŸ˜”
    Ah... Dude, that's where the problem is... Your app is not capable to understand what is the intended site... See, if I need to go to facenook.com, what will it do? There is already a different site!!! 😐
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    Ah... Dude, that's where the problem is... Your app is not capable to understand what is the intended site... See, if I need to go to facenook.com, what will it do? There is already a different site!!! 😐
    bro that's why i m asking for help.........plz suggest me how can i make my application to decide whether the given site is legal or not.......πŸ˜”πŸ˜²
    Sure... πŸ˜€
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    Sure... πŸ˜€
    Thankx bro.............please give me some idea to proceed ..........how to make this software.......πŸ˜•
    I need to be at home to assist you... Give me some time... Will work on it during weekends... πŸ˜€
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    I need to be at home to assist you... Give me some time... Will work on it during weekends... πŸ˜€
    Thankx bro......πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜
  • aki90
    aki90
    praveenscience
    plz help me bro.........πŸ˜”
  • SWAROOP KUMAR
    SWAROOP KUMAR
    HI FRIENDS my name is swaroop.. i finished my certification in ethical hacking few days before ,,i need some idea of doing projects for my higher studies can some one plz help me out in tis tng ...πŸ˜€
    SWAROOP KUMAR
    HI FRIENDS my name is swaroop.. i finished my certification in ethical hacking few days before ,,i need some idea of doing projects for my higher studies can some one plz help me out in tis tng ...πŸ˜€
    Start a new thread, say about what all you know, and what do you want, we will be able to help you out... 😁
  • dhruvil thaker
    dhruvil thaker
    Reya
    William Stallings is one of the best books for cryptographyπŸ˜€
    best book...really i have ever read...
  • najm
    najm
    hi..iam final year student.i am interested in encryption/decryption,network security.....can y plz give some new project topics related to my interest.
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    aki90
    whenever a user enters a site in address bar ......it compares the URL of that website with all the URL's stored in database..........if match is found it allow the user to visit that site otherwise gives an error message............it not compare the URL of "faceb00k.com" particularly with the URL of "facebook.com", it compares the URL with all the URL's stored in the database.....................
    what if someone manipulate DNS via host file or a technique called DNS Spoofing?
    I think you should not display a error window ,just use a error msg saying "Something doesn't seems right ",you can also use jQuery to check common element in the whole website,,,
    Before making network security website do some study on how network works.
    Must watch this video >

--------
    there also apps available on play store ,just search for "hacking" .
  • Abdisalan
    Abdisalan
    I am final year student in Computer forensic and Cyber security. I have to do my final year project thesis in about 2 months time and I am stuck at ideas about what to choice. I am more into security such ash hacking, and forensics stuff I would be appreciated if anyone can suggest me an idea that you would think is suitable.
    Thanks guys
  • saikrishna garre
    saikrishna garre
    hiiii everyone..........i am saikrishna final year b.tech student.I am intersted in hacking.Please give me the suggestion for my project
  • Sathya Prabhu
    Sathya Prabhu
    Hi bro....plz gv me sum ideas abt network security projects...!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You guys can try play around with AlienVault's OSSIM. It's an open source log/event collector AKA SIEM. As a project, you can create your own event/log parser and interpret specific actions (such as hacking attempts on the WiFi network, etc).

Nowadays, network security admins don't have time to deep dive into logs to see whats the problem. They need info quickly so they can take appropriate actions before its too late.
  • Ujjwaldeep singh
    Ujjwaldeep singh
    I am a final year Btech student and interested in doing major project in website hacking,Plz suggest me from where i should start. I have to give project name in my college
  • muruganandammr
    muruganandammr
    Hi this is anand,
    I need to submit projects in my final year study. So i want to help with us for how to make projects and also in which topic i've to choosed in latest requirements.
  • muruganandammr
    muruganandammr
    Hi dear, i need to ready my final year project on conputer science & engineering. So which topic may choose?
  • Nabeela Kanwal
    Nabeela Kanwal

hi everyone....i am in my final year in software engineering and i want to do my FYP in ethical hacking , can anyone please help me in suggesting few ideas about ethical hacking which can be helpful for some detective instututes

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In GRE, as mentioned earlier includes writing an essay analyzing the line of reasoning in an argument. The first step in tackling these questions are being able to figure out...
Hi, Currently i'm working on final year project suggestion. My suggestion title / idea is Designing Dual Mode Home Automation.It is a kind of merging the Bluetooth technology and GSM...
Is there batteries that are very small and lightweight but powerful? I'm looking for batteries or combination of batteries which does not exceed an area size of 5 cm square....
Happy 4th of July to all US members! Hope you have some good plans. I'll be eating, working on the car & fireworks.
Hi friends, We know that class P problem belongs to class of decision problem and can be solved in polynomial time on a deterministic computation model where as class NP...