Final Year Project Idea In .Net or PHP

i want to ask about my final year project,my field is development,i was thinking about to work on .net or yii framework, can anyone give me some ideas,or can anyone tell me some projects which are not successful due to some reasons...
also suggest me which framework should i choose...
kindly help me... in all that,
i can go through web development also...because good in php but i am also thinking about .net etc...please do reply fast

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Coming up with an idea for your final year project isn't very difficult actually. Just look around you and think what can be improved. You'll suddenly start looking at project ideas all around you.

The choice of framework, programming language(s) would typically be decided by the topic you choose. If you are experienced in PHP, I'd recommend honing your skills by doing a project in PHP.

I believe an online collaboration tool for virtual teams would be a challenging and interesting project ideas to take up for final year project submissions. Imagine you and your project mates are located in different cities and want to collaborate on various tasks (the project itself, for example). Then think of what all things you'd need to make sure you can track everything that matters without having to meet in person.

Take a look at Yammer that implements this idea very effectively. See what can you do to improve it and what can you do in a better way. If you just want to start, I'd say build a Yammer clone as your final year project.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I would suggest you to look at the project section of CE(You can implement those projects in any technology you want).
    Try to implement using design patterns and so on.
    If you have already done that then BigK has given you a nice advice.
    You can also go for data-mining,warehousing projects, doing some maths to derive some conclusions or so.
  • sad_engineer
    sad_engineer
    okay but in online collaboration tool for virtual teams,which language suits better and how much time it will be take to implement and what do you say aboutAn interactive application to design TimeTable.....please guide me...
  • sad_engineer
    sad_engineer
    and further there are already a list of free online tools that what would be the advantage of this.... ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sad_engineer
    okay but in online collaboration tool for virtual teams,which language suits better and how much time it will be take to implement and what do you say aboutAn interactive application to design TimeTable.....please guide me...
    You can use PHP + MySQL for the backend and CSS/JavaScript/HTML for the front end user interface. The time required will be decided by the overall features you plan to implement, your own skills, your team's strengths and amount of time you dedicate to the project on daily basis.

Not quite sure what you mean by interactive application to design time table. Unless you provide more information about the project it'd be difficult to comment something meaningful.

sad_engineer
    and further there are already a list of free online tools that what would be the advantage of this.... ?
    What kind of tools are you looking for? There are open source IDEs, code editors, DB managers and so on. You will have to tell us what type of tools you are looking for so that we can suggest you something.
  • sad_engineer
    sad_engineer
    In interactive application to design time table,.The application needs to be given Teachers names along with their assigned courses. Number of class rooms, timings, days, then it generate the timetable in an optimal solution.

and for the list #-Link-Snipped-# ...
    i mean to say that in the presence of these tools why we need this one wht is the main advantage?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea I'm suggesting is to 'improve' the existing online collaboration tools because none of them really fits individual's requirements. Do a study of the features that aren't there and how can you build them to make a superior collaboration tool.

The time table thing has been done 1000 times but you can of course think of something new to add to it.
  • Alpesh Rathod
    Alpesh Rathod
    Which is best for job Php or .net ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alpesh Rathod
    Which job?
  • Alpesh Rathod
    Alpesh Rathod
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Which job?
    webdeveloper
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alpesh Rathod
    webdeveloper
    Web Developer is a 'role'. It depends on whether the project you are doing requires .Net technology or PHP. Ultimately, it's your skill that will matter. There are ample job opportunities in both .Net and PHP.
  • Alpesh Rathod
    Alpesh Rathod
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Web Developer is a 'role'. It depends on whether the project you are doing requires .Net technology or PHP. Ultimately, it's your skill that will matter. There are ample job opportunities in both .Net and PHP.
    Thank You.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Alpesh Rathod
    I am not quiet sure how good you are in programing in general.
    If you haven't yet mastered concepts of OOPs and web development, then I think any answer to this question wouldn't be of much a value.

Learn either of them (I ll suggest go on with PHP for time being, and when I tell this I dont really mean that you should not go with .NET, the only reason I told to go on with PHP is because ASP.NET is spread out widely, where as you can master concepts with PHP and then move on to .NET)

Learn PHP using OOPs. Go through design patterns.
    This will take a newbie around 4-5 months( and don't really expect to be an expert by this much work).

Then I think you can switch over to .NET or any other technology or stay with PHP.
  • Alpesh Rathod
    Alpesh Rathod
    Thanks, Finally i choose PHP . i am interested in both PHP and ASP.NET . But today PHP is best in Gujarat. i am searching a institute or company for training in PHP in Ahemdabaad.
  • Charuka Deshan
    Charuka Deshan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm also looking for a project for my final to implement in php and I quite like your idea about online collaborative tool.
    Also I like to implement this tool supporting Agile project development methodologies as well.

So can you tell me few new features (Eg :Video conferencing, assigned tasks for team members and percentage of completed, Readability restricted documents/files trunk, an agile calorie burn down chart, yammer/facebook webpart etc) that can be included in this system..?

Thanks.
  • Charuka Deshan
    Charuka Deshan
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Coming up with an idea for your final year project isn't very difficult actually. Just look around you and think what can be improved. You'll suddenly start looking at project ideas all around you.

The choice of framework, programming language(s) would typically be decided by the topic you choose. If you are experienced in PHP, I'd recommend honing your skills by doing a project in PHP.

I believe an online collaboration tool for virtual teams would be a challenging and interesting project ideas to take up for final year project submissions. Imagine you and your project mates are located in different cities and want to collaborate on various tasks (the project itself, for example). Then think of what all things you'd need to make sure you can track everything that matters without having to meet in person.

Take a look at Yammer that implements this idea very effectively. See what can you do to improve it and what can you do in a better way. If you just want to start, I'd say build a Yammer clone as your final year project.
    I'm also looking for a project for my final year to implement in php and I quite like your idea about online collaboration tool.
    Also I like to implement this tool supporting Agile project development methodologies as well.

So can you tell me few new features that can be included in this system..?(Eg :Video conferencing, assigned tasks for team members and percentage of completed, Readability restricted documents/files trunk, an agile calorie burn down chart, Yammer/Facebook web-part etc)
    Thanks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can we make this door lock so that you can operate it by a text message or phone call(signal)...Need Suggeestions please
My name is Hamza Immurana, a Ghanaian student studying Telecom Engineering..like reading and solving problems
HI everyone. Nice to meet you all. 😉
Finally, the Aakash 3 specs and features have been revealed. Our love affair with the tablet dates back since the launch of the first Aakash tablet. Since then the tablet...
why do we learn c,c++,java and other languages?actually where do we use them?