Filigree Concrete System (Seminar topic- urgent help!)

Can someone please explain the construction process for a filigree precast concrete system. What are the unique advantages of this system over other concrete system?
I would like to stress on this point...Filigree system uses pour-in-place concrete as finishing layer, won't it require proper curing period like traditional cast-in-place? One of the research materials i got state that a floor can be complete in 3 to 4 days using Filigree method.

Can someone please, please explain and clarify?
Much appreciated 😀

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is not in my area of work. We used to work on fabric reinforced resin composites for other applications in the early seventies. Out of curiosity we did try some fabric reinforced cement composites. Normal cement curing times were used for this. No civil engineering applications were attempted.

Please see if any of these are useful.
    1. Ultra-High-Performance Concrete: Research, Development and Application in Europe
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. Textile Reinforced Concrete – Realization in applications
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    3. Prefabricated Thin-walled Structural Elements Made from High Performance Concrete Prestressed with CFRP Wires
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ron777
    Ron777
    A.V.Ramani
    This is not in my area of work. We used to work on fabric reinforced resin composites for other applications in the early seventies. Out of curiosity we did try some fabric reinforced cement composites. Normal cement curing times were used for this. No civil engineering applications were attempted.

Please see if any of these are useful.
    1. Ultra-High-Performance Concrete: Research, Development and Application in Europe
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. Textile Reinforced Concrete – Realization in applications
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    3. Prefabricated Thin-walled Structural Elements Made from High Performance Concrete Prestressed with CFRP Wires
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you very much for your help but unfortunately this is not exactly what I'm looking for.
  • Ron777
    Ron777
    Ron777
    Can someone please explain the construction process for a filigree precast concrete system. What are the unique advantages of this system over other concrete system?
    I would like to stress on this point...Filigree system uses pour-in-place concrete as finishing layer, won't it require proper curing period like traditional cast-in-place? One of the research materials i got state that a floor can be complete in 3 to 4 days using Filigree method.

Can someone please, please explain and clarify?
    Much appreciated 😀

What I am really concerned about is how this method accelerates the overall construction process as opposed to the traditional cast-in-place method.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reliance Mobiles, on Monday, has introduced a new smartphone named Lyf C459 in India. The smartphone is the next addition in the Reliance’s Lyf Wind series and is now available...
Google's flagship phone Pixel is all set to get a do-over with its upcoming successor pixel 2, rumored to feature the Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 chipset. The gadget, released in late...
Quote An unlikely hero has emerged in the quest to fight HIV: the cow. In a first for any animal, including humans, four cows injected with a type of HIV...
I hope you are doing well. While we are busy getting our next quiz ready on CrazyEngineers IO Quizzr, I thought of offering a sneak peek at the brand new...
Padma Vibhushan Prof. Yash Pal, eminent scientist and academician is no more. The science and technology fraternity in India has had two shocks in the last two days. First it...