File/Photo Sharing through CE Forums

I'm opening this thread inside General Help section because I need your feedback on one of the most important topic - File / Photo sharing through CE forums.

Let me make few things clear. We are not a 'Photo/File Sharing' website. But sometimes, we have no option but to put a photo in our post. Sometimes, we want to share a ppt, xls, doc or zip file with everyone. How do we do that?

I'm convinced that there is no point in providing an attachment upload facility on CE. Our aim is to gather the ideas in the form of posts (text). We might just show up photographs in our posts from dedicated photo sharing websites such as Flickr!

Now, the same applies to files in other formats. Why not simply put the files on file sharing servers and put a link to it in our posts?

I've identified two such websites. I'd like to have your feedback on them:-

1. Photo Sharing: Flickr.com
2. File Sharing: xDrive.com

Let me know what you think & your ideas on above two websites. πŸ˜€

-The Big K-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No reply so far πŸ˜”

Common CEans! This is for us! 😲

-The Big K-
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi Biggie,

The idea is good and it makes us much closer.Those sites are good .I got another site for you for uploading.

mediafire.com

This is new and looks good.Do check out this as well and give us sites for easy uploading and downloading.
  • Neha
    Neha
    The_Big_K
    I'm opening this thread inside General Help section because I need your feedback on one of the most important topic - File / Photo sharing through CE forums.

Let me make few things clear. We are not a 'Photo/File Sharing' website. But sometimes, we have no option but to put a photo in our post. Sometimes, we want to share a ppt, xls, doc or zip file with everyone. How do we do that?

I'm convinced that there is no point in providing an attachment upload facility on CE. Our aim is to gather the ideas in the form of posts (text). We might just show up photographs in our posts from dedicated photo sharing websites such as Flickr!

Now, the same applies to files in other formats. Why not simply put the files on file sharing servers and put a link to it in our posts?

-The Big K-
    Thats a great idea Biggie!
    File Sharing can be of great help especially when we wanna show something that is difficult to be explained via text.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh, can you please verify if the url File sharing and storage made simple is correct and points to the website which you talked about? When I access it, a blank page opens.

I guess we can finalize on flickr for photo sharing. I'll soon write an article on how to use flickr photos on CE.

Let's keep the file sharing option open. Anyone knows a better data hosting provider (free 😁 )?

-The Big K-
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    The_Big_K
    Mahesh, can you please verify if the url File sharing and storage made simple is correct and points to the website which you talked about? When I access it, a blank page opens.

I guess we can finalize on flickr for photo sharing. I'll soon write an article on how to use flickr photos on CE.

Let's keep the file sharing option open. Anyone knows a better data hosting provider (free 😁 )?

-The Big K-
    Hi Admin,

I hope this is not a clear idea. Bcoz we should not interface or other resources in our site.
    Hope so we have our own resources in your home page.
    Try to Install those modules in your page itself, Its just an idea.

Thanks & Regards,
    - A.SudhaKar -
    IT Acumens - A Web Designing Company
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K

-The Big K-
    Hey Biggi,
    CrazyBoy is back on CE.. in BTW idea looks crazy to me.. But still You cankick start the idea and see the response, If this will succeed that you can think of seeting a portal on out home page..

your comments are awaited..

--Crazy😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The current idea is to host downloadables on a file sharing server. I think we are already into the final stage of decision.

I'll keep you all updated πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, this thread was like super hidden, lol. Whats the update on this, biggie? Last week I saw a vB/photobucket addon.. you might have come across it:

Integration with vBulletin - Photobucket Image Uploader - vBulletin.org Forum
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Oh, this thread was like super hidden, lol. Whats the update on this, biggie? Last week I saw a vB/photobucket addon.. you might have come across it:

Integration with vBulletin - Photobucket Image Uploader - vBulletin.org Forum
    Cool, I"ll look into it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am bumping this thread because lots of people want to know about uploading photos/videos/ppts on CE.

Read the details in this thread. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I'm evaluating cloud storage and CDN integration with CrazyEngineers. That way we'll be able to provide upload facility to everyone on CE. I'll follow up this thread with updates soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All , I am crazy about coin collection & glad to know that to be friends with more of collectors... 😎 vibhor_one
How about collecting all "Frequently Asked Questions" in campus recruitments? CE is full of engineering students and they can benefit from this thread πŸ˜€ Experienced people can contribute too πŸ˜€...
hi please somebody tell me from where can i get a code for a compiler in C/C++. plz reply.
hi everyone im doing a project on atmel microcontroller(at89c51) the aim of the project is to sense the ambient temperature using lm35, digitize the data using adc0804 and then display...
We all get emails that look genuine and appear to come up from firms like ebay, Paypal, citibank etc. But they are actually scams that entice us to provide sensitive...