File handling storage issue in c++

i want my random number genereted on the selection bases of vowel or consonent, should be stored in a file permanently on hard disk the below code creates a file but does not store any thing, what should i do? i tried in different ways like without using global variable "f" or declaring the file opening code in both the functions independently insted of a single code in main but all that did not work, file is created but nothing stored.

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

int hun();
int thou();
char f;

int main()
{
    char in,x;
{

cout<>in;
    x=in; 
if (x=='a'||x=='e'||x=='i'||x=='o'||x=='u')
{

hun();
}
else
{
  thou();
}
ofstream out;
  out.open("D:\\alphabet.txt");
  if(!out)
  {
      cout<<"Error opening file";

}
  else
  {
      exit(1);
  }
  out<

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    else
    {
    exit(1);
    }
    Is this really necessary? You're closing the filestream before writing anything to it.
  • Vicky One
    Vicky One
    Well there is no issue bcz of exit(1); removing it also doesnot store the value.. Can u make it to work??
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Vicky One
    Well there is no issue bcz of exit(1); removing it also doesnot store the value.. Can u make it to work??
    First of all, whenever u share your code, write it inside [ code ] tags, as it is better to read.
    Secondly u should indent your code, so that it gets easy to understand.
    Now as u said that u wanted "random number generated", then why have u declared f as char? Shouldn't it be int ?
    Also Anand is right, u have used exit() function at wrong place.
    So make these corrections, and see if u get the right output 😀
    Good Luck!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Vicky One
    You need to learn about variable scope and precedence. You are modifying local variable but writing global variable to file.
  • Vicky One
    Vicky One
    Well thx a lot.. I had done that like this....If any suggestion for this code like code repetition problem or any thing else u think is not right then please comment it here for more perfection.....overall it worked as required.
  • Vicky One
    Vicky One
    [ 

#include

#include

#include

#include

int vowel();

int constt();

int main()

{

char x;

cout<<"Please enter an alphabet"<>x;

if(x=='a'||x=='e'||x=='i'||x=='o'||x=='u')

{

vowel();

}else

{

constt();

}

}

int vowel()

{  char word[500];

srand(time(0));

int res1=rand()%100;

ifstream in;  //Data from Hard to Ram

in.open("F:\\abc.txt");

while( !in.eof() )

in.getline(word,500);

ofstream out;  //Data from Ram to HArd Disk

out.open("F:\\abc.txt");

out<

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Using simple radio receivers, a laptop and relatively inexpensive Internet technologies, the people of the village have leapfrogged into the 21st century by setting up what amounts to their...
I want to have wi-fi connection in my Laptop. At home I am using BSNL broadband modem. Can someone give me step by step guide, how to install Wi-fi network?
A Fora video talk on entrepreneurship: https://fora.tv/2013/09/26/The_Corne...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-16475fd76d-295725241
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee has launched its latest flagship device in the Indian market- the Elife E6, for Rs 22,999/-. The handset sports a uni-body design, and features a 5-inch...
hi, we are aware that in frequency modulation, frequency of carrier is made proportional to message signals (without adding any constant term). Similar are the principles of phase modulation, angle...