File access from web server to secondary storage server

I'm developing a website for my friend. I'm stuck in a place where i need to create a folder -in a second server not directly accessible for public-and populate it with some config files when a user sign up.
To be clear the web server holds only the php files to serve the client request. it is the second server that is used to store important user credentials like user uploaded files.

Can anyone give an insight on how to do? Its possible by SSH. but is there an easier way using just an HTTP server like apache? Thanks in advance for the help and support

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you only need to hide your folder from public and search engine bots, you can use .htaccess file to control the access. I'm not exactly sure about the 'second server' you're talking about. Could you explain the situation a bit in more detail?
  • siraj.mussafirr
    siraj.mussafirr
    The client needs to keep all the uploaded file into a separate server machine that is always connected to the web server. He doesnt want to clutter the web server with the user file and just need to fetch it from that separate machine when a user request the file.
    An easier way to explain this problem is that the client needs to back up the files into a new system periodically. I wish to get any kind of http solution( hoping it to be easier and managible than SSH)
  • siraj.mussafirr
    siraj.mussafirr
    I guess CDN is the one I was looking for.. thanks Admin 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can all CEans tell what according to you is the criteria they look in a person to be a role model
A ball like structure which will float in water , and such 4 -5 balls make box sink provided box alone will also float in water, may be with some...
Friends help me understand how the center of mass and centroid are different from each other?
Hello CEans, Along with EC topics we've included CS/IT topics this time. Vote for your fav topic & participate in the weekend tech discussion. Note for Mod : I forgot...
The world bank has just released the latest edition of 'Doing Business' and the report ranks India at #132 out of 185 countries included in the report. Singapore ranks #1...