Fiat Linea Classic - Price In India, Specifications, Features Detailed As Launch Happens

Fiat Group Automobiles India Private Limited (FGAIPL) has launched the Fiat Linea Classic Sedan in the Indian market. Planning in advance for the festive season that is to come in India, Fiat has brought two versions of the Linea Classic - One with a 1.4 litre (Fire) petrol and 1.3 litre mulijet diesel engine. At a price in India tag of Rs. 5.99 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi), the all new Linea Classic also has a diesel version at a price of Rs.Rs 6.95 lakh and Line Classic+ at Rs 7.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Featuring what Fiat calls the premium-most aesthetics, the Fiat Linea Classic has a list of tech specs to show off.

Being promoted as the 'Longest Car in the Price Segment', the Fiat Linea is sure to grab the attention of mid-budget car buyers, because it is like truly achieving the luxuries of a sedan at the price range of a hatchback. As we look at the Fiat Linea features, we find a hydraulic power steering, programmable speed limit buzzer, dual parabola headlamps and fire prevention systems. With a fuel tank capacity of 45 litres, the car is giving a maximum power of 88.8bhp @ 6000rpm and a maximum torque of 115Nm @ 4500rpm. For safety of the passenger, the car includes Halogen headlamps, Rear Seat Belts, Adjustable Seats and an Engine Immobilizer. For those digging into the tech specs - the dimensions of this Sedan measure up to a Width of 1730mm, Length 4560mm, Height 1487mm and a Ground clearance of 185mm. On the exterior, the significant feature to note is that the 15 inch alloy wheels have made way for 14 inch non-alloy wheels and you'll see a ‘Classic' badge on the boot lid.

Fiat-Linea-Classic

Commenting on the launch, Nagesh Basavanhalli, President and Managing Director of Fiat Chrysler Operations India, was quoted as saying, "The car will be an attractive offering for the customers at a very affordable price, price and we plan to reach customers in all the cities through our 79 exclusive dealership in the near future." He has shared that even thought the auto industry has faced a significant slowdown, the entry level sedan segment witnessed 12 per cent growth in 2012 and it grew by 15 per cent this year till August. "That's why we are targeting this segment," he said. It is good to note that the company is also enhancing the network of its servicing centres and has launched schemes like Fiat AMICO and Fiat Express Service. Those looking for warranty can note that the company has extended it for the Fiat cars from three years to five years.

The car maker also revealed its plans to sell around 30,000 units despite the challenging market situation of the Indian auto market. As far as the competition of Linea Classic is concerned, it will square off against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire, Honda Amaze and Toyota Etios, amidst others. That's pretty much everything we know about the Fiat Linea Classic that you will soon be seeing zooming past you on Indian roads. Let us know what are your views and opinions about the same.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Fiat Chrysler India, a collaborative venture between Fiat Group and Chrysler, has just recently announced the launch of nine models nation-wide in the coming three years.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Fiat will be a tough conpetitor for the mid range cars but the VW will be a leader considering the best. safety features and power production.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Chrome has long endured the shortcomings like Browser crashes, hangs, security incidents, and code complexity due to the plug-ins that were based on the NPAPI architecture. As a permanent...
I am now in my final year and i need your suggestions and ideas to choose my FYP.
Hyundai India has launched a unique mobile application called 'Hyundai Care' for both Android and iOS platforms, which offers real-time assistance to customers with service support, car service calculator, service...
Intex, the India smartphone manufacturer, has today officially launched two new smartphones in its Aqua series, called Intex Aqua HD and Intex Aqua i4. With a plan to increase sales...
I'm looking for recommendations on open source or free payroll management systems which startups can use. That being said, I'm open to paying a fee (reasonable) for managing payroll of...