Federation Tower Moscow | 93 Floors | 506m & 242.4m | 45 Elevators

The construction of Moscow tower began in 2003 and is expected to complete in 2016 if the project continues to maintain pace. The tower will host two towers over a 9 floors podium. Overall, there will be 93 floors and the two towers will be 506 & 242 meters tall. Overall structure dimensions are as follows-

Antenna 506.0,
Roof 360.4m
Top floor 347.2m
3rd skybridge 325.1m
Observation deck 325.1m
West tower roof 242.4m
West tower top floor 231.4m
2nd skybridge 221.6m
1st skybridge 120.9m
Ground level 0.0 m
Basement: -21.3m
Source: Federation Tower, Moscow - SkyscraperPage.com

moscow-tower

Image source unknown.

Looking forward to construction and structural engineering insights. πŸ˜€

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    So much time for construction, 2003- 2016! 😨

This building had an old plan, which was revised to a new plan and this new plan was again revised, I'm confused.

I read that the construction of this building is facing varied problems.
    Some say it is the winter, the construction could be a bit slower; but will still continue even at -30ΒΊ C
    Some point out at the bad management and general incompetence of the construction firm.
    The construction is facing a lot of technical problems with the new sliding framework which is used for concreting the core of the tower.

Interesting, I would read more about this and get back.

@all Civil Engineering CEans, this looks like a nice Study Assignment.
    Give it a try! πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, that's actually bit surprising. I wonder how do they estimate the time required for construction πŸ˜‰
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Yes, what are the factors that decide the time for the construction? πŸ˜•
    Do you know Biggie?

I'm reading through these threads for the last 15minutes, and most of it going above my head. 😁
    The construction is discussed here with the help of images and even webcam image capture.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember our Small Talk with the chief structural engineer of Burj Khalifa. He said the owners would keep changing the requirements and we had to meet them while keeping the structure 'safe' and 'on time'. Must be a difficult job. I just wish we had more Civil engineers here who've worked on or working on supertalls or skyscrappers.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ahh, customer requirements always keep changing. 😁

What projects do the Civil Engineers take up as their final year project?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, as we earlier revealed that the mobile style is under development. Our analytics shows that android and ios are the top mobile operating systems used to access CE. However...
Most of the Indian cities have major traffic congestions. This is in addition to the lax emission control measures with offending commercial vehicles dumping huge SPM and chemical pollutants into...
Quote: This week at International CES 2012, Toshiba will be demonstrating the latest additions to its lineup of flash memory offerings – the TransMemory-EX TM series of USB flash memory...
Android, to the best of my knowledge is based on unix (correct me please) and unix through its design makes it difficult for the viruses to be written for the...
I see that the television is full of misleading advertisements. The advertisements are meant to first make people insecure and then offer a solution through a product. I thought of...