Featuring college events on CE

CEans,

How do you like the idea of featuring college events / techfests on CrazyEngineers so that each one of us knows what's happening in engineering colleges around the globe? [​IMG]

Here's what we can do -

1. Ask our CEans to volunteer to cover events, happenings, techfests from their own college.
2. Get us some pictures & details of the events.
3. We will publish them on CE for all of us to read.

What will our volunteers get?

1. World wide fame in the techiest community. Its never been so easy.
2. We may plan for a CrazyEngineers certificate of appreciation for all our volunteers.
3. Blessings from your college professors & Principal for promoting the college all over the world through CE.
4. Et Cetra. 😁

Write your free form comments below and evaluate this idea!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello!

Looks like CEans aren't game for this idea.

Hmm.
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    thats a really great idea biggie.😀!!!!!!featuring events like MOOD-i & techfest can really help the student commnity.but this is the real problem. we dont know who the students are in this CEan universe.if you need it,take my advice.just start a student arena first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its not survival of the fittest.....
    .......its live to the fullest😁"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    technospartan
    thats a really great idea biggie.😀!!!!!!featuring events like MOOD-i & techfest can really help the student commnity.but this is the real problem. we dont know who the students are in this CEan universe.if you need it,take my advice.just start a student arena first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Its not survival of the fittest.....
    .......its live to the fullest😁"
    Good to know that you liked the idea. Well we don't know who are students, but we can surely ask them to come forward and be CE's evangelists.

I'm sure CEans would love to do that. Covering technical events is a good idea because it will give us insights from colleges across the planet.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Biggie... this is an old idea we have been dabbling around with. But you know what happened when we tried this last. Remember CEan Mahesh who volunteered?

The problem is no one volunteers, people need rewards and not just recognition. We probably might run this as a competition and give away prizes. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Biggie... this is an old idea we have been dabbling around with. But you know what happened when we tried this last. Remember CEan Mahesh who volunteered?

The problem is no one volunteers, people need rewards and not just recognition. We probably might run this as a competition and give away prizes. 😀
    Everyone wants money, huh?

Anyone wants to do just for the love of doing it? Doing something different? Doing something that will give joy & recognition?

No one?
  • kndas
    kndas
    that's a really big idea bt d real issue is that a very few people work for recognition bt most of them want rewards...we might give away some goodies etc.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Kndas,
    Don't use sms text over here.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    OK Mr. Biggie relax....there are still people around who would do it just for the love of doing it! But the fact is when a person is covering his college fest he needs to have people in his college who really acknowlegde the fact that CE is a BIG thing & getting recognised on such a platform is indeed wothwhile. Instead of directly asking participants to report events why can't we launch a membership drive first & offering people exclusive access to something like maybe offering them some free open-source software just to provide them some incentive to join this forum.
    Let us make CE a big part of their lives like FB has become, and they should be aware of the fact that joining CE is a knowledge-enriching experience as well as developing respect for your fellow engineers.
    Frankly my view that is this forum is general sharing of ideas & very much should be viewed as non-profit thing. Let us not corrupt this forum by asking to students to expect rewards. Because the fact is once they get a decent job, they are going to forget this place.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I don't think so. We have quite a few matured CEans who have *jobs*.
    What say ES and Durga?
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @abrakadabra- I wasn't talking about people who have been here since ages. I'm talking about the people who will have to be enticed into joining this forum through publicity & offering them perks in return. Also I posted with reference to big_K's concerns regarding people who expect benefits & recognitions(read "Certies") from every activity that they undertake.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    shreyasm89
    Also I posted with reference to big_K's concerns regarding people who expect benefits & recognitions(read "Certies") from every activity that they undertake.
    These people make me feel pity for them.
    I mean, whom do they want to prove themselves to?
    Why can't they understand the simple thing that the *knowledge* they have is going to help them more than the no. of Certificates they possess.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Exactly...and the majority of engg. colleges have stupid events nowadays(all the same old ones just like old wine in a new bottle)..so not much of a learning experience.Thats why I'm somewhat sceptical about this idea. IT wouldn't exactly be a very productive thing I feel.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    AbraKaDabra
    I don't think so. We have quite a few matured CEans who have *jobs*.
    What say ES and Durga?
    I just saw this post :-|,
    Ash too is working. Gohm , Kidakaka ,mayur, CB?
    May be students would look forward for rewards as its a source of appreciation for them, but may be people earning would do it just for the sake of doing it , or for something different apart from their job

@AKD, true that knowledge is THE thing, but tell me for students who are looking for jobs,(read desperation) , they would expect certificates to prove they are knowledgeable right, it might just give them sense of assurance , its OK for them to expect

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well honestly am still confused on naming topic so.. herez the thing i want: Some of the websites image based authentication ...to separate the human user from bot user....like in...
I'm decidedly not an electrical engineer. This is probably an exceedingly simple question, but my mechanically oriented mind doesn't comprehend amps, ohms, watts and what-not. I have a 12 volt...
hey i am studying final year b.tech and i want to do some project on the latest topics. can any one suggest the topics
Michael Arrington & team came up with a great product idea, a cheap tablet PC for under $200 that will allow you to surf the web using FireFox & interact...
Hi friends... m a student of final year information technology n i nee suggestions n Project topics from u guys... I wish to do a project in Networking so plz...