FAT file system

hello friends,

I want to know that how the size is made for the clusters. Is it made by our operating system during the formatting of hard disk drive and is it fixed ?

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    No Answer!!!😔😔

Well i got the Answer.

I have another doubt that,
    CHKDSK Utility which is provided by the Windows OS helps to detect the bad sectors.
    I want to know that what is the internal mechanism behind this technique to find the bad sectors i mean to say that how this utility works?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    May this link will helpful to you #-Link-Snipped-#
    Waiting for your first question answer sushant.Can you share the answer with us...??
    Up to what i know we can able to adjust the cluster size.But i am not sure that's why i didn't answer.Am i write sushant...??
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @ Mohit but i think cluster size is fixed at the time of formatting the hard disk and up to which i know in case of windows cluster size is fixed to 4096 bytes till windows vista but not known for Windows 7.

Do m correct if i m wrong!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi... i need help in retrieving date from phpmyadmin -database. php getdate() gives system date. but i need to retreive database date and not systemdate. the sql queries like current_timestamp,local_timestamp...
[FONT="]Source: Email Forward 😛 The local bar was so sure that its bartender was the strongest man around that they offered a Rs 10,000 bet. The bartender would squeeze a...
Why we use op-amp as a current to voltage converter ?
Hello friend's, Check out this program. import java.io.*; public class r { public static void main(String args[])throws IOException { try { FileReader fr=new FileReader("mohit.txt"); FileWriter fw=new FileWriter("monu.txt"); int s; while((s=fr.read())!=-1)...
Hey , Post here how's your day???? And share your thoughts here....... such that you can feel relax........... write anything you want NO RESTRICTIONS WILL BE APPLIED HERE...... If angry...