Famous mysterious books of all the time !

Should we discuss here about "Famous mysterious books of all the time !"
You can suggest them for others !
You can write your reviews about them !
Everything about them !!!!!!

Replies

• ankur8819
    ankur8819
    I haven't read uch of them.but amngst all those i hav read.i found da vinci code the most intersting !!
  • sonasathish
    sonasathish
    ankur8819
    I haven't read uch of them.but amngst all those i hav read.i found da vinci code the most intersting !!
    Yeah thats true! Not only interesting but also the most famous one too!
  • Differential
    Differential
    My favorite authors are Sidney Sheldon, James hadley Chase, Dan Brown and the books are "The Angels and Demons", "Tell me your dreams".
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I loved Tell Me Your Dreams. Btw, can we include "The Twist In The Tale" in the category?

If you haven't yet read Twist In The Tale, log out immediately and go read that book!
  • arti mishra
    arti mishra
    i think the best book is ALCHEMIST by Paul Coleho
  • aashima
    aashima
    As of mystery books, The Da Vinci code is a great read. Apart, I too loved Tell Me Your Dreams.
    As of fictions, is there any Ayn Rand fan out here? Well am one!! The Fountainhead rests as my ever favorite novel.
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I also think "Da vinci code" is the most famous and mysterious books till today.
    Other than that sydney sheldon's lots of books are good and mysterious, but they are not as famous as Da vinci code.
    Few books of sydney sheldon, which I like the most.

1.A stranger in the mirror
    2.If tomorrow comes
    3.The doomsday conspiracy
    4.The otherside of midnight
  • Differential
    Differential
    I'm currently reading "Hit and Run" by James Hadley Chase.......Will tell you once I finish it !!

--Differential
  • samboy2005
    samboy2005
    i think DaVinci Code is the most mysterious of Dan Brown's collection , presently am reading his Angel's and Demons which is also very good,
    other than these i would recommend sydney sheldon's books like
    1 are you afraid of the dark?
    2 the sky is falling
    3 the blood line
  • swati_akasheeni
    swati_akasheeni
    i think "da vinci code" and "angels and demons" are the most mysterious books.Really,dan brown is a superb writer as far as mysterious books are concerened.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Few days ago, I purchased a book which contains 2 novels by Jaffrey Archer. 1) A twist in a tale (recommended by our good administrator) 2) as the crow flies down.

Has anyone read the second one? If yes, reviews please.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I would recommend the following books..

1) Twelve red herrings by Jeffrey Archer
    2) All books by Agatha Christie, especially
    Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile, etc.
    3) The girl with the dragon tattoo ( I read this book recently. It was good. I dont know who's the author)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The davinci code , Angels and Demons , Deception point and Digital fortress are excellent mysterious novels by Dan Brown.
    And Alchemist is an excellent book in which there is much more to explore life .
    and hi to the Ayn Rand fan out there The Fountain Head and The Atlas Shrugged excellent.

And i have a question guys any novel full of comedy ?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    comedy.. you can try P.G.wodehouse. certain characters like Jeeves, Psmith and Mike are famous for their comic acts. Though, it's old british style comedy, with satire and irony mostly. Also the English is archaic with several words out of modern usage. But it'll be fun. Do give it a try.
  • abhinavchawlac2
    abhinavchawlac2
    well guys mine favourate r
    love story -erich sehgal
    its not about the bike-lance armstrong
    megaliving -robin sharma
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    For Comedy you can read books by P.G. Wodehouse and Gerald Durrell.
    The William Series (though they are a children's book), Catch-22, The Great Indian Novel,
  • Differential
    Differential
    Anyone, fan of James Hadley Chase here ? Well, I am one.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Recently I finished reading "The Doomsday Conspiracy" by Sidney Sheldon. What a novel! Its really interesting, smoothly flowing and keeps you engaged.

He's a master storyteller, really !

Is any of his fans out there? Any of his novel recommendation? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    Yes buddy, even I also like reading Sydney Sheldon ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I could not get "doomsday" from anyone. I have heard its good review from many people.
  • Differential
    Differential
    CEMember
    Yes buddy, even I also like reading Sydney Sheldon ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I could not get "doomsday" from anyone. I have heard its good review from many people.
    Yes, indeed I liked it. I like the easyness and flow of language he used. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    thats a great book i have read it and it is awesome..
    Other book which i liked is If tomorrow comes.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Tell me your Dreams

Are you afraid of the Dark ?

the naked face.

are also very good novels from Sydney Sheldon
  • gohm
    gohm
    Here are two great mystery book series:

the Thin Man series
    Sherlock Holmes series
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    And the teenage detective/mystery stories like Hardy Boys, Famous Five....etc. Fun to read when there is nothing else.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I don't recall Famous five? can you give a brief description?

Anyone else remember the "choose your own adventure" books? I read a ton of those as a kid. That was a great concept that someone made some good money on I bet.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Yep, they sometimes had 2 characters from different novels working together. eg Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.
    The only drawback was that you kept flipping pages back and forth. The good point was you got multiple stories in one novel.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Famous Five and Secret Seven are a series of detective books for children. Written by Enid Blyton.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I too have heard of Secret Seven need to get them now ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Read Deception point and Digital Fortress both by Dan Brown.
    i have become his fan read all the four of him
    Excellent books.
  • Differential
    Differential
    English-Scared
    Read Deception point and Digital Fortress both by Dan Brown.
    i have become his fan read all the four of him
    Excellent books.
    Felt somewhat boaring after reading Sidney Sheldon.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Ha Ha Ha .. .

Dear differential- Its really not a great idea to read Danny(the great Dan Brown) boy's book, after reading romantic Sidney Sheldons.

I stopped reading Sidney when I was in class 12th. If you will try a few suspense thriller novels you will definately like books liks Deception Point, Digital Fortress, DaVinci Code...

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    most of the sydneys novels are thriller type
    but dans are mostly based on NASA , science codes etc etc ..and in each book they search something..

Not feeling bored but just switched to dans now..
  • godzila
    godzila
    I have read book of Sherlock Holmes. it is really nice book. i would like to share some books with you all. according to me below are really popular mysterious books and the best part is - I have read these books, so I can mention reviews as well:

my feedback is on book #-Link-Snipped-# is below. This book is written by Margery Allingham. Albert Campion mystery How could it not be good!?! I thought I had collected the whole series and with these books. excellent story.

i have read #-Link-Snipped-# ,This book is really good. I was really into this book. I loved it. I read it non-stop all day and could not put it down.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Has anyone read Agatha Christie? especially sleeping murder?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Differential: I have read only one by Agata Christie it is Evil Under the Sun.
    Its good , but not thrilling its just normal flow of mystery .
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Just read The Naked Face wow its amazing ..
    i got really scared at one moment...
    good novel to read ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Did you know? Naked face was Sidney Sheldon's first novel. It's racy and a very good read. Though not as good as some other books of him, this is indeed a fantastic one for a first book.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    And if you want some more of Sidney Sheldon, check out Windmills of the Gods, Rage of Angels, etc. They are very good.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Just read Memories of midnight it is also quite good
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Try Stranger in the mirror. Good one about Multiple personalities!! Thrilling!
  • Differential
    Differential
    silverscorpion
    Try Stranger in the mirror. Good one about Multiple personalities!! Thrilling!
    Is it? and if I am not mistaken, it's by Sidney Sheldon. He has one more novel on multiple personalities named as Naked Face.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Dude Diff. naked face is not about multiple personalities ..
    I have read it very recently..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yup.
    naked face is not about multiple personalities. You're mistaken.

And yes, stranger in the mirror is by Sidney Sheldon.
  • shubhrajeet tiwa
    shubhrajeet tiwa
    i liked
    1)naked face by shedny sheldon
    2)books by parry mason
    and 3)sherlock homes complet two volume
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I loved "The Joker"..I don't remember the author's name.. It is a very thick book (black cover with a joker on the front page).

Its about mysterious things happening at a cozy little town. How four friends meet after years and go back to their old town to help put the dark secret to rest, the secret they swore they would not even think about!!
  • AlameluKrishnan
    AlameluKrishnan
    Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys are my all time favourites.

I would like to mention Famous five, Secret Seven as well which were quite good mysteries ................
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    I read sidney sheldons novels Stranger in the mirror, If tomorrow comes, tell me your dreams and bloodline. And I liked all. Difficult to say which one is best.
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    i think DaVinci Code is the most mysterious of Dan Brown's collection
    other than this i would recommend mystery books like
    1.killer istinct
    by josheph finder

2. the murder book
    by jonathan kellarman

3. an accidental woman
    by barbara delinskey
    4.personal injuries
    by scott turow
  • scottaleger
    scottaleger
    The Midnight Tunnel A Suzanna Snow Mystery

Author : Angie Frazier

ISBN 0545208629

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys tis is laxman from chennai ๐Ÿ˜
Hey guys Need some help here....,i have this circuit that senses the temperature of an environment then converts the change into 8 bit digital form,how to i incorperate the interface...
may i pls know where to get informations on paper presentation and conferences where papers can be presented ... pls suggest me few places ... am in real eagerness to...
Hi there CEans.. I'm into my BE in Mechanical.. My college mates and i are thinking of a project in Vertical axis hydraulic turbines.. Have you got any information to...
Hi all, I was just thinking of a fun project. And this flashed to my mind. I would like to write my own shell similar to the "Bash Shell" but...