FakingNews.com Account Suspended? Why?

India's favorite satire site - FakinNews.com seems to be suspended. At present, I'm receiving the following error message on the site: This Account Has Been Suspended. There could be two reasons - first, the site owners didn't pay the server bills on time (which isn't likely) and second, the content on their site got them in trouble. The second reason seems to be the most valid reason given that the site was quite 'open' in terms of satire on influential people (politicians, sportspersons, actors etc.).

Earlier, the Government had asked giant Internet websites like Google, Facebook, Microsoft & Yahoo to find out a way to control the kind of content that appears on their websites. Faking News seems to be one of the victims. If anyone's got more information on why the site is not accessible, please comment below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mea Culpa! I should have searched online before starting this thread. Their facebook status message says -

Not able to access Faking News? Don't worry, the account has NOT been suspended by Kapil Sibal. High traffic caused some problems, but the website will be back soon.
    The mobile access is still on: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Mea Culpa! I should have searched online before starting this thread. Their facebook status message says -

Not able to access Faking News? Don't worry, the account has NOT been suspended by Kapil Sibal. High traffic caused some problems, but the website will be back soon.
    The mobile access is still on: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hola Amigos! They are just getting popular 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a Fresh mechanical engineering graduate. So Please, assist me with any specify university/college to do my Masters in oil and gas engineering ? and also would like to know...
Hi friend i want to find out the topper in the college.i give one table in excel so using sql based on the hall ticket numberhow to find out the...
The CAD software Solidworks had an interactive design programme called letsgodesign to develop a baby buggy for dads. This was an interactive design programme, where any one could contribute. The...
University of Illinois engineers have developed an innovative system that lets cracked electronic circuits to heal themselves completely transparent to the user. It has far reaching benefits to improve reliability...
I am doing an exercise for linear algebra. I have 3 questions here and I hope someone can help me out by finding the solutions. And here is some solution...