Fact Check: are diesel cars really more polluting than petrol cars?

Diesel cars have recently become subject to considerable negative publicity thanks to the amount of toxic emissions they produce. Some governments are planning to discourage their use or even ban them from urban areas altogether. Yet some diesel car owners have reacted angrily, arguing they bought the vehicles because they were supposedly the environmentally friendly option.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Amol Agarwal
    Amol Agarwal
    whether diesel cars pollute more or not, I don't know. But Diesel cars have higher service cost, so in the long run both diesel and petrol cost you more or less the same. Hence it's better to buy petrol rather than Diesel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Ever wondered why history’s great minds including Isaac Newton, Abraham Lincoln, Andy Warhol, Leonardo Da Vinci, Marcus Aurelius, Charles Darwin, Winston Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Ernest Hemingway, George Bernard Shaw...
Civil Engineering is one of the oldest professional engineering disciplines which deals with the planning, designing, supervising construction and then maintenance of infrastructure facilities, essential for our modern life. Civil...
Hi I am Sarang Mokashi, completed Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication as the basic fulfillment to my educational profile. Got into TCS, throughout A band for performance 😉 After 2.5...
Social media giant Twitter has recently increased the limit of the characters in a tweet to 280, which is just the double of what it was before for the ease...
Tech giant Google, has made our lives easy by customizing every search, by aggregating it with the related data. While we saw it in a previous article, on how it...