Facebook's photo uploader for iOS makes your photos awesome, a la Snapchat

Not everyone can click great photos that will attract likes and shares on Facebook; and
Facebook knows that majority of your photos are totally boring. To jazz up your photos, Facebook has released a new photo uploader on iOS that lets you write text on your photos and also overlay Facebook stickers. Facebook had tested the photo filters and stickers with a limited number of FB users recently; but the text option is now totally new.

Of course, if you are a Snapchat user, none of this would look exciting to you. Snapchat has been offering these features for a while and they're already popular among the young users of the service. Facebook had tried to acquire Snapchat but it did not succeed. Facebook then tried to launch its own Snapchat rivals with 'Poke' and 'Slingshot'; but they didn't do well either. Now facebook's simply doing what Snapchat does; and you're free to call it 'copy'.

Facebook-Photo-Uploader
Image Credit: Techcrunch​

The new Facebook Uploader on iOS shows an indication to inform the user that they can make adjustments to the selected photo with automatic color adjustments feature. There are several familiar filters like vintage, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and even 'Snow'.

Users will also notice the new tray that lets you play with your photos - by creating filters, tags, adding text over the photos, cropping your photos and even add stickers. We'd look forward to our readers' opinion on the new tools.

Source: Facebook's Snapchatty New Photo Uploader Lets You Overlay Text And More • TechCrunch

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.... i am mechatronics final year ...i am planning to do my project for physically challenged person...i am expecting new ideas...
iBall has returned with a new mid-budget smartphone called the 'iBall Andi Avonte 5' priced at Rs. 5999 and available in a single gold color option. Though at first, this...
XOLO has been teasing about its new flagship smartphone called the 'XOLO Black' for quite some time now. The home-grown manufacturer has been building up the buzz around its all...
The Government of India has launched digitallocker.gov.in facility to allow storage of important documents online. Indian citizens with valid Aadhaar card will be able to store all their frequently used...
Name: Vijai Kumar S Current edu status : M.S. (by research) in Aerospace Engg Location: MIT, Chennai Occupation: Student Work Experience: Have done some freelance gigs.. Nothing big enough to...