Facebook Smartphone in the making?

Though rumors about Facebook building a phone have been turned down, we have a lot of reasons to believe that Facebook is indeed working on building it's own smartphone.
Why you ask?
Well, after Facebook acquired Instagram, it launched a camera app. We have facebook messages. Facebook has its own app store. There is news about Facebook buying opera. (Mobile Browser?)
Don't all these features indicate that they are building up the background to work towards a smartphone? Though there is nothing concrete to bank on, Facebook might want to explore this opportunity to survive in the long run.
Share your views.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Facebook will acquire Karbonn Mobile 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    Facebook will acquire Karbonn Mobile 😛
    I heard about the Facebook phone long time ago. Not sure it was ever developed/released.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If they do make one, or for that matter a series of smartphones, do you think they stand a chance to capture the market? If yes, will you buy it? If no, why do you think so?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Surely , It will not have android😉 and phone for Facebook😲.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guess what people, this has become a talk of the tech town now.
    Here are two interesting takes -

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Do you think Facebook is making the right move?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ther I'm Akash, an Instrumentation Engineer from India. Presently working with Chemanol(Petrochemical company) in Saudi Arabia. I think That's enough for Intro...
Hello.. Which is a better language for developing computer applications?? is it C++ or Python ??
I Love tinkering and tech. I love pinball machines and working on them. And everything engineering and science. Currently a 4th year wireman apprentice and concurrently attending the local university...
class A { int a; int b; } class B extends A { int c; } class C extends B { int d; public int sum() { d=a+b+c; return d;...
Hello I'm a marine engineer. CrazyEngineers.com seems to be the most informative site for engineers. I'm happy to be a part of this community.