Facebook Brings End-To-End Encryption Notification Emails

Facebook keeps reminding us time and again that they are serious about their user's privacy and security. In a new experimental feature introduced only a couple of days back, Facebook is letting users add OpenPGP public keys to their profile. Using these keys, users will be eligible to receive end-to-end encrypted emails from Facebook on the email account you've chosen. If you have opted for it in the settings, you do already get lots of email seeking your attention about the content that has come up during the time you were away from the social networking site. With the new feature in place, Facebook hopes to establish secure connection to your email provider so that no one can access your Facebook notification email's content & attachments as plain text.

facebook-encrypted-email-notifications

To change the settings to update your own public key using a desktop browser, enter the requisite information #-Link-Snipped-#. Facebook already has many security practices in place such as running connection to their site over HTTPS and also the option of accessing Facebook's #-Link-Snipped-#. With encrypted notifications, users enable themselves to receive secure outbound messages via Facebook. As of now, public key management is not supported on mobile devices, but Facebook promises that the engineers running the scene from behind are working upon it.

The experimental feature is being rolled out gradually and should reflect in your accounts soon.
Let us know your thoughts about secure email notifications from Facebooks.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does anyone really read those emails? I'm guessing Facebook just doesn't want their engineers to sit idle and enjoy tens of thousands of dollars they get through the salary.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Android Auto brings all the cool features of the operating system & its apps to your car. In an announcement made at Google I/O, Indian auto giant Mahindra & Mahindra...
hi, i am deepshikha kaushal and i have completed my b-tech (electronics and communication) in 2014. i got 62% in my engg career. i am looking forward to take a...
The mid-budget smartphone Samsung's Galaxy Series 'Core Prime' has made its way to the Indian shores. The Dual SIM 4G smartphone has a 4.5 inch TFT display with 480 x...
Hii , i am currently working as a developer in SAP in an IT firm. I recently got an offer letter from an electronics company (offering almost double the current...
I'm wondering how many of you have actively used LinkedIn for job search? I've been a LinkedIn user for a long time and haven't found anyone contact us for job...