Facebook App Slingshot’s New Mantra - Shoot Once, Aim Many

#-Link-Snipped-#, a division within Facebook’s domain, conducted 3-day Hackathon in December last year to encourage employees to come up with innovative app ideas which gave rise to the Slingshot app which has today gone live with an US exclusive launch. The app is compatible with iPhones (iOS7 or later) and android devices with Jelly Bean or KitKat. The Slingshot app is available for free on #-Link-Snipped-#and #-Link-Snipped-#. Let’s now see how it works.

Slingshot

You don’t require Facebook account to sign up for Slingshot. All you need to do is sign up Slingshot using your phone number. You can find friends using either phone’s contact list or your Facebook account. After signing up the first thing you will get to see is that Slingshot will automatically start the camera. Along with images you can also send videos (not longer than 15 seconds).The Slingshot team calls images or videos as “shots” or “slings”. After taking the picture or video you can send it to your friends or you can add caption or even doodle it. If you want to add a caption you can place it on top or anywhere on the shot to make the text larger. While doodling around, a wacky sound track will be played in the background. The drawing tool helps to make your sling more creative by providing options for changing colours, size and many more.

Slingshot2

After creating the shot, you hit “use” option, which will bring a list of friends who have sent sling to you recently and those who did not sling you yet, followed by an option to invite friends via SMS. Depending on the number of photos or videos sent by your friend, a number will appear on the thumbnail. The thumbnails appear pixelated and are locked. You can unlock all the images sent by your friends by sending your shot.

Slingshot has certain features similar to some pre-eminent apps like Instagram (videos length be upto 15 seconds), Vine (videos loop) and Snapchat (disappearing images). In fact, Slingshot is touted by many as a competitor to Snapchat.

What are your thoughts on the Slingshot app? Share with us in comments.
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Akhilesh Garud
    Akhilesh Garud
    It is almost similar to snapchat. It's like facebook took snapchat and added a few things in it. From the reviews, it seems like users are finding the "answer to see" feature of this app a little irritating.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm trying to connect multiple displays (5 LCD TVs) in different rooms via a single Laptop. The basic aim is to be able to control the displays independently i.e. one...
shall we create both windows & android application in .net??? what is the use of studying .net???
Title says it all, my budget is max to max Rs. 1k, however if I can get a good one for less, would really appreciate it. Please help!
Which one of these is best and easier to learn ??? also which one of them helps in future !?