Facebook ‘Reactions’ Button Is Here - All You Need To Know

Last month, Mark Zuckerberg was asked if and when Facebook will bring the ‘dislike’ button and he had said that they are working on ‘something’. Well, that ‘something’ is here now. Not per se, as it is still being tested for user reviews but it's here nonetheless. Facebook has introduced ‘Reactions’, an emoji panel which contains various emojis as shown below and the user can select whichever he/she feel appropriate for a post.

facebook_reactions_button

Reactions has been currently rolled out only in two countries in the world - Spain and Ireland, to see how the users react to this change and what more can be done with the same. TechCrunch suggests that these two countries have been chosen because their user bases have least intensive international friend networks. Also, Ireland is an English speaking country while Spain is not - so it would be better to receive the perspective of a variety of users.

Facebook was (or is) being criticized for a long time now because the users felt that ‘like’ was an inappropriate response to some posts, especially the posts that convey sad news. People had been using stickers to convey their emotions but it was too tedious a process. It was about time that Facebook did something about it.

Above is the video of how exactly would the feature work and the manner in which you can use it. It is expected that the button will appear on both the desktop and mobile versions of the Facebook’s application. Whether or not, Messenger and other products owned by Facebook (like Instagram) will have the feature is still unknown.

And besides considering the user’s demands of a new button, the emojis will also help Facebook in many ways. These emojis will allow the Facebook to increase their analytical capabilities.The number of a particular emoji would easily express the reaction of the people of towards a particular incident/news/post. Better analysis would mean better understanding leading to better advertisements/suggestions and thus in turn more revenue for Facebook.

Via: With Reactions, Facebook Supercharges The Like Button With 6 Empathetic Emoji • TechCrunch

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    emojis are again liked to revenue! wow. I just cant imagine how things are liked 😀
  • showstealer
    showstealer
    wow!! awesome feature it will be 😀😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is Farman Ullah. I am a student of civil engineering (1st year). I am doing my emgineering from IQRA National University situated in Peshawar Pakistan. I love sketching...
What is the difference between voltage and potential difference..?
i want to make a based query system. By Using which A user can: Query Information Modify his records. So main Work of the application is going to be querying...
"Follow your passion", "Be passionate about something", "If you follow your passion, you will be definitely successful in life"; that's the most common advice we all keep getting from our...
hello everyone my name is Rahil i am pursuing diploma final year in computer engineering our group is making a project on carrier guidance (website) this website was just like...