Extreme Heat Damages Roofs - How this happens and tips to avoid

Extremes of temperature can cause damage to the roof in many ways. Design and regular inspection can mitigate the problem.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    i want to know the best coating needed for protection of roofs from both rain and sunlight.we all know that they use tar but I want to know what are the alternatives available.Do Plastic roofings have health issues on humans?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are various epoxy based roof coatings available in India. Many conform to international regulations for VOC, some are solar reflective to minimise heat input and such.
    This is one such;
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    There are many more similar products.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    is there any anti lightening coating out there?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Lightning usually strikes the highest part of a building. A flat roof will not be a site for strike. Better to set up a lightning protector.
    This paper from GE outlines the basics:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Below is a listing of MS-DOS commands most commonly used and that you will most likely be using during a normal DOS session. 1. cd for change directories 2. cls...
Researchers at the National Taiwan University know that you totally suck at self-control; especially when it comes to eating and smoking. They've therefore developed a new type of sensor that...
Haswell overclocking basically has two major requirement : A K-series Intel processor & Motherboard with Z87 chipset. However, the third party motherboard manufacturers like Asus,ASRock,Gigabyte & Biostar have exploited the...
It's often easy to say that success comes with determination and lots of hardwork. But a determined mind and hardworking brain are not enough to keep being successful in the...
I just found a HDMI to VGA adapter for RPi in element14 which you can hook up between Pi & VGA monitor. My friend don't have HDMI or DVI female...