Explain Capacitor, Inductor and Resistor to a layman ?????

how would you Explain Capacitor, Inductor and Resistor to a layman ?????

Replies

• yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    CAPACITOR :: A capacitor (originally known as condenser) is a passive two terminal electrical components used to store energy in an electric field. The forms of practical capacitors vary widely, but all contain at least two electrical conductors separated by a dielectric (insulator).
    [​IMG]

INDUCTOR :: An inductor (also choke, coil or reactor) is a passive two-terminal electrical component that stores energy in its magnetic field.

[​IMG]

RESISTOR ::
    A resistor is a passive 2 terminal electrical component that implements electrical resistance as a circuit element. In short, it resists the flow of current to pass.

[​IMG]
  • kotakharsh
    kotakharsh
    ya. and how can u explain it's properties. i.e. capacitance, inductance?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kotakharsh
    ya. and how can u explain it's properties. i.e. capacitance, inductance?
    Have you referred basic electrical/electronics engineering books? It'd help if you could ask specific doubts about the parts that you found difficult to understand.
  • kotakharsh
    kotakharsh
    of course i do have the basic knowledge of all these things. just was wondering how could be it explained to layman... nothing else... afterall non engineers are layman for these things...
  • KZ 259
    KZ 259
    watching tutorials on youtube is also a good way to learn.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

England midfielder Frank Lampard's infamous un-allowed goal against Germany in FIFA world cup 2010 has raised some questions for the manual decisions vs inclusion of Goal line technologies. At half...
Tripura is all set to set-up an Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Bodhjungnagar. The identified location for the proposed institute in Bodhjungnagar, is some 25 km from state...
It asks me to write something about myself. Well, I'm pretty excited to be here in this forum. I want to meet just anyone who wants to. Anyway, here it...
hei..i just finished my civil engineering degree...here i would like to share with you guys about our field....
if we want to get a passport what are all the required things ?(i mean birth certificates like that ..) can we get it easily if we apply through our...