exhaust gas

what will happen if exhaust gas from a main engine of....say a bike is passed onto another cylinder and fresh air is introduced into that cylinder...(the main engine and the cylinder are coupled)......my doubt is cant there be a possibility for an expansion in this second cylinder due to mixing of air and exhaust...hence a work can be produced from the second cylinder....thereby increasing main engine efficiency and reducing pollution....{this idea of mine could sound weird..but that's why i am sharing it with you...share your ideas too}

Replies

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    I can't get the question
  • Vega
    Vega
    Then how would your exaust gas generated at every stroke will get a space to accomodate. The result of your action will be that the engine will not eaither start or if started, will stop after couple of cycles.

Why don't you try it? Prepare a closed chamber with inlet and attach that inlet to silenser exhaust of your vehicle.
  • typex
    typex
    what are you expecting to happen? Don't really get the question either.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a blog on wordpress. I want to add analytics code to that to track, can anybody tell how to add ?
hello everyone. I have recently become a member of CE. I am doing my graduation in Civil. So can i know how exactly i can be benifited through this site?
where can i find necessary power point slides for robotics and robotics technology
CEans, We are now reaching out to colleges in Gujrat, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, UP. The notices have already been sent and might have been displayed on college notice boards. Moreover,...
hey! i read an article that stated about change in refractive index.i was thinking over it if ref. index of any material can be made to 1 same as that...