Exclusive Video Teardown: Apple iPad Air

Quote:
Apple Inc.'s profit margin on the company's iPad tablet—already the envy of many tablet-making OEMs—is ratcheted up even further with the latest entry, the iPad Air, according to a teardown analysis performed by the IHS Teardown Analysis Services team.

The 16-GB version of the iPad Air, which hit stores late last week, carries a lower bill of materials (BOM) cost compared to the the third-generation iPad introduced last year, according to IHS. The preliminary estimate of the BOM for an iPad Air with 16 gigabytes of NAND flash memory and cellular connectivity is $304, down 6 percent from the $325 BOM for an equivalently equipped third-generation iPad at the time of its release in 2012, IHS said.

Including an additional $6 for manufacturing cost, the total cost to make the iPad air is roughly $310 per unit, according to IHS. A low-end iPad Air model with 16GB of NAND and no cellular connection, carries a BOM of $274, according to IHS.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If I host a blog for sometime on WordPress.com with my own domain name, is it possible to migrate it as Wordpress.org blog on some hosting site later on. More...
Samsung has been spotted developing a new phablet according to a FCC Listing. Codenamed SM-G7102 - this phablet has a 5.2-inch screen (same as the Galaxy Note) and there's no...
Let me start off with an example: Say you want to buy a latest gadget: say a Smartphone or a Laptop. You imagine you can accomplish milestones if you have...
Macbook Air & Intel's Haswell is an amazing combination. Just spotted something that's super awesome on a machine that's running OS X Mavericks and all the default applications. Check -...
Harmonic frequency = kf_r = αf_c + βf_r=α(20f_r) + βf_r = (20α+β)f_r. Here, signal frequency f_r =f= ω_r/2π = 50Hz. carrier frequency f_c = ω_c/2π=1kHz Find the amplitude of the...