Exciting Job Opportunity: Be on Discovery Channel and Get Paid to be a Crazy Engineer

CEans, how do you like the idea of getting money & fame for being the crazy engineer? CE along with FireFly productions, London, is excited to bring you an opportunity to be on the Discovery Channel! Amy talked to CE about this exciting opportunity. Check it out -

The Big K: Hi Amy, tell us about Firefly Productions.

Amy: We are an independent production company based in London, England - Firefly Productions. You can have a look at our website #-Link-Snipped-# . We came up with the idea for this series 'Breaking Point' and the Discovery Channel liked it and have commissioned us to produce it.

The Big K: We heard that you are developing a new engineering TV series for the Discovery Channel US. We would like to know more about it.

Amy: The series is a little like 'Mythbusters' - practical problem solving of a range of engineering challenges by two main onscreen experts

The Big K: What kind of engineers are you looking for?

Amy: We are looking for two types of individuals:

• Mechanic/Inventor - hands on, practical type who understand how things work. Comfortable wielding a wrench and able to figure out how to construct almost anything. The kind of person who can strip and re-build a car engine / fabricate a solution by welding a couple of components together. Their skills will be rooted in the experimental world where practically seeing what happens is the key to knowledge.
  • Theoretical Engineer - scientist with a more theoretical approach. Uses the scientific model, the equation and hi tech measuring tools to work out how materials and systems will behave under certain circumstances. Is able to predict with accuracy what will happen given information such as height, weight, pressure, heat etc.

The Big K: Sounds exciting! Are there any eligibility criteria for the job?

Amy: Candidates can be male or female and any age. Filming will take place in Canada from early May through to the end of July. The position will be competitively paid and a unique experience for the right individual.

The Big K: What is the procedure to apply for the job?

Amy: Those interested should email #-Link-Snipped-# with a resume/summary of their skills and experience, plus a photo. Mention "CE" in the subject of your email so that we know you are a member of CrazyEngineers!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Exciting Job Opportunity: Be on Discovery Channel and Get Paid to be a Crazy Engi

Aw shucks, no love for electronics/electrical engineers?

The criterias they give seems for MacGyver-like people, haha. I'm sure CE has some of them!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Exciting Job Opportunity: Be on Discovery Channel and Get Paid to be a Crazy Engi

ash
    Aw shucks, no love for electronics/electrical engineers?

The criterias they give seems for MacGyver-like people, haha. I'm sure CE has some of them!
    No discipline preferences, as far as I know. If you think you have it in you - they'll give you a chance for sure. :smile:
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Oh, thats cool ๐Ÿ˜‰

Btw Big K, how on earth did you manage to collaborate with FireFly Productions on this?? Can't believe this question slipped my mind earlier. Good job man!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

ash
    Oh, thats cool ๐Ÿ˜‰

Btw Big K, how on earth did you manage to collaborate with FireFly Productions on this?? Can't believe this question slipped my mind earlier. Good job man!
    Amy Ruse of FireFly Productions contacted us through the site. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • mahul
    mahul

Woops!! This is real good news

Goes on to show that ce is getting real popular these days.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Yea! The fruits of Big K's hard work ๐Ÿ˜

I really wish someone from CE can apply for the FireFly position. Imagine.. Crazy Engineers on Discovery Channel! Totally awesome, my friends.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

ash
    Yea! The fruits of Big K's hard work ๐Ÿ˜

I really wish someone from CE can apply for the FireFly position. Imagine.. Crazy Engineers on Discovery Channel! Totally awesome, my friends.
    Maybe some of us have already applied. I'm not keeping a track. Amy will get in touch with me with the progress (if any).

All said, we're still 'young' and under 10k (at this moment). Imagine the possibilities when we grow over 50k and 100k.

...the world won't be the same. ๐Ÿ˜
  • pranet
    pranet

hi, CE
    this is pranet.
    i want to get job in discoverychannel.
    so please help me to get the job.
    bye...
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami

so biggie,wat will you do if someone tells you to refer you!!!!..m sure lots of desperados will be looking for you!!
  • bani.shashank
    bani.shashank

Hi Amy,
    I am a Marine Engineer in Merchant Navy and i have a great passion for Science, Adventure and Nature. I tried to contact you on your email id (as mentioned above) but unfortunately the mail server finds the given id as non-existent, Kindly give me your current id and find some time to check my Cv, I believe that i carry a lot of skill that might be helpful in the content-making for your TV
    my id is
    regards
    Shashank Bani.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

At least check the date on which first post was made. This opening is no longer available.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI... CAN ANY ONE PLS GIVE ME SOME " MECHANICAL MINI PROJECT fabrication IDEAS... PLS .......................................thank u...........
hi admin..the site is not well balanced..i personally think the topics all are messed up..we have to keep the forum clean so that it will be easy for all to...
hello everybody, can any body help me with a seminar topic relevant to mechanical engg.
We have a doubly-linked-list with number of nodes unknown. Sometimes, while working with the list, it somehow gets corrupted. The corrupt node is pointing to some previous node instead of...
help me with computer interfaced projects hi, i am a 3 rd year instrumentation engineering student and we have been asked to do a project on any instrument which can...