Exchange Push Mail Problems In iOS 6 - How To Fix?

It looks like iOS 6 has introduced a nasty bug with the Microsoft Exchange support in iOS6. A lot of users are reporting that after upgrading their iPhones and iPads to the latest firmware, they've been experiencing issues with the push mail delivery. The issue doesn't seem to be specific to any carrier or model specific but has been found on variety of devices hooked to different carriers.

Fixing The Issue:

There's only a temporary way of fixing the issue and that is by rebooting the device. But the bug will reappear after few attempts and no other solution is available at this time. It looks like Apple's engineering team is already aware of the issue and working on offering a patch through firmware update; but no ETA has been issued so far.

This is not the first time iOS has encountered issues with MS Exchange server synchronisation. Apple had to release a patch for the iOS 4 in 2010 to fix the devices from stalling abruptly while attempting to sync with Exchange.

Are you the 'business' user of the iPhone / iPad? If yes, are you experiencing problems with delivery of push mail on your iOS 6 updated device?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am Manoj Punde. I am pursuing BE from VIIT college. Recently I got placed in "Cybage" and "Persistent". My friend suggested me this website to be crazy engineer.
Hello all, I found this crazy comic strip about what would Munnabhai say when asked where does American President live. Check it out -
Just got this still from popular TV show 'Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma' - Jethalal and Daya Bhabhi debating with each other.
I believe we lack events in technical sections ... so I am stepping up for forum events. It goes as below : - Every sunday the forum event will take...
Wishtel ira tablet (icon) has been launched in Indian markets by Wishtel in association with India’s leading telecom services provider BSNL. Before we get into the details, a bit on...