Ethernet topology

This is the question from C-CAT online test !!! m confused about right option. please help.

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    The physical appearance of Ethernet is like that of star topolgy, but logically implemented is bus topolgy. So answer to the question should be Bus.
  • nero
    nero
    Dhananjay Harkare
    The physical appearance of Ethernet is like that of star topolgy, but logically implemented is bus topolgy. So answer to the question should be Bus.
    thanks for the explanation !!!! but if its asked about the physical n/w topology then is star a correct ans. also i read that for 10 Mbps ethernet bus was used earlier but now star is used for 100 Mbps ethernet, as it more robust than bus hence it is the most widely used topology for ethernet nowadays.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Both 10BASE-5 (thick) and 10BASE-2 (thin) Ethernet networks are based on the bus topology. The earliest type of network topology was the bus topology, which uses a single cable to connect all the computers in the network to each other, as shown in the image below. This network topology was adopted initially because running a single cable past all the computers in the network is easier and uses less wiring than other topologies. Because early bus topology networks used bulky coaxial cables, these factors were important advantages.

10BASE-T uses a Star topology.

As per my understanding, if it is asked about Standard Ethernet, my answer is Bus.

Correct me, if I am wrong.
  • nero
    nero
    Koushal Patel
    Both 10BASE-5 (thick) and 10BASE-2 (thin) Ethernet networks are based on the bus topology. The earliest type of network topology was the bus topology, which uses a single cable to connect all the computers in the network to each other, as shown in the image below. This network topology was adopted initially because running a single cable past all the computers in the network is easier and uses less wiring than other topologies. Because early bus topology networks used bulky coaxial cables, these factors were important advantages.

10BASE-T uses a Star topology.

As per my understanding, if it is asked about Standard Ethernet, my answer is Bus.

Correct me, if I am wrong.
    yes you are right for standard ethernet bus is right answer !!!! but bus is outdated nowdays star is vastly used for ethernet technology. it is logical bus topology in a physical star topology!!!!
    pls refer this link: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Millions of users accessing WhatsApp every day have been requesting for a desktop client of the ever-popular app, but till now it seemed as if these demands always fell on...
Whether samsung galaxy S4 will receive Android 5.0 Lollipop update ??????????????
Google has teamed up with French space agency Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) for its ambitious Project Loon. The tech-giant launched this project to connect the world by providing internet...
After unveiling the HTC Desire 620 and 620G in its home-town last month, the Taiwanese mobile manufacturer has launched the new Desire 620G smartphone in the Indian market. The smartphone,...
In smart wearables Google Glass is the most fascinating wearable, but it might not be as successful as smart watches. A study which is going to be conducted this week...