Eric Schmidt Says Facebook Rejected Google's Offer For Partnership

Eric Schmidt, said at the D9 conference organized by AllThingsD that
“Google’s search could be improved with access to Facebook’s data about Web surfers’ friends and acquaintances,” “We tried very hard to partner with Facebook. They were unwilling to do the deal,” he said. 😛

Google’s rival, Bing, seems to have more luck teaming up with Facebook, by deeply integrating its social features not just into its search results, but into its search algorithms, fundamentally changing the way it will create results.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Could anyone suggest the best book for learning Javascript?
Stumbled upon the following memory stick from SONY. 16GB Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™ HX 16GB Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™ with high speed data transfer 16GB Capacity High Speed data transfer...
All console gaming fanatics - why not discuss all the latest, upcoming games on PS3? I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to all the action packed games...
I wonder what computer systems HDFC bank uses to run their online banking system. Recently the bank offered me a new credit card (upgrade) and now I've been asked to...
Hi.. Sry for the late introduction.. This is Rekha pandre, from the "Pearl city".. i.e., hyderabad. I'm a 3rd year electronics and communication engg. student. I came across CE while...