EQUILIBRIO 2K14- THE GRAND CLOSURE!

EQUILIBRIO 2014, The annual Techno-management fest of GGV finished off in style at 7:00 PM on the 24th of January, with the Battle of Bands stealing the show.

The entire day was mostly devoted to the final rounds of most events which took place over the past two days. The day kicked off with the Paper marble roller coaster event- Chute-the-Chute. It witnessed heavy participation of over 30 team of 4 students each. The much awaited talk of Mr. Shubhendu Sharma, TED fellow, followed soon after. Mr. Sharma spoke about a novel concept- 'Stop making lawns, and Plant a Forest instead!' The talk was witnessed by a packed audience of over 400, and was followed by an interview of Mr. Sharma by Glen Savio Palmer, the Festival Coordinator of Equilibrio 2014.DSC00518
DSC00511
The talk was followed by final round of all the quizzes- Inquizitors, Sports Quiz, Vigyaan, and Incroyable India, all held in the auditorium. DSC00501 Side by side, the finals of the events of Cybernate category- Torvald's house, Windows world, Code X masters, and Lee-web Scripty took place in grand style. Also inthe buzz were the events Pioneers, B Plan, and Paper Prastuti.DSC00526
The flagship event of Equilibrio, the land rover, started off at 2 PM, and had the finest examples of mechatronics in action. However, even the heavens shook to the rhythm of the Battle of The Bands, which started at 3:30PM at the open air stage. The bands performed with energy and fury, playing popular hindi rock numbers, sufi rock, as well as heavy metal tracks of Linkin Park and Avenged Sevenfold.
DSC00572 The Sufi Rock Band AAGHAZ from Bhilai was adjudged as the winner in the battle.
DSC00566
The event ended with a formal vote of thanks by Glen, Followed by heavy partying by the Students in the Fun zone Technozeala. The honourable director of the Institute Of Technology, Prof. Shailendra Kumar, congratulated the students for their efforts and encouraged them to keep up the good work.
It was a mixture of emotions for the equilibrio student team, happiness of having completed such a successful fest, and sadness of everything ending. Nevertheless, The zeal and fire to excell never ends, and will forever be on display through events such as equilibrio 2k14.1546430_350818711726459_2069894027_n

Replies

• Lebronest
    Lebronest
    Commendable, nice reporting.
  • Shrikant Bedekar
    Shrikant Bedekar
    Very well done. The event is nicely captured
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The photographs are great! 😀 Thanks for sharing. I hope engineering students are taking note of the event.

@#-Link-Snipped-# Can we have someone from the organizing team or the participants share about their experience here with us in replies?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, I am doing pre - final year in Mechanical Engineering. I have quite interest in pursuing INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES). But in our locality ( Trichy-Tamilnadu), there is...
DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY THE LETTERS IN 'QWERTY" KEYBOARD ARE IN THAT ORDER? ​Did you notice above QWERTY keyboard? This doesn't have number 0 and 1; as it was...
i am going to make a submarine which weighs 4-5 kg.. i am thinking of using 2 motors for the movement. what kind and specification of motor would be appropriate...
I think a lot of members visiting computer science / IT / Networking section have doubts about the kind of discussions this section should have. Well, it's a technical discussion...