EPSON InkTank Or HP's Cartridges - What's Better?

The HP printer that we use at CrazyEngineers is now due for an upgrade and we are looking to replace it with a Wi-Fi enabled multifunction. While researching for the best printer out there, I figured out that a lot of people are in favor of EPSON InkTanks - a set of 4 bottles that make up for the color printouts. But as goes with any electric device, I must define the typical use I'm looking at:-
  • About 100 - 150 prints per month, mostly black and white.
  • About 20-50 color scans per month; high quality scanner would be preferred.
  • Lower cost of running. Absolutely hate buying new cartridge every few weeks.
  • Wireless connectivity is a must.
Budget: Preferably under Rs. 10,000.

The research has led to the following printer: #-Link-Snipped-#.

hp-4645-all-in-one

However, I'm also looking at the options from EPSON, that are available for a bit higher cost, but promise about 4000 (B/W) prints with a bottle that costs just about Rs. 375! Looking at about 5-6 years of life-span of the printer; would you recommend the options from EPSON or the one shortlisted above is good?

I'm specifically looking at first hand information about the economy of InkTanks over the HP's pricey cartridges. Would really appreciate all your responses.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA, in association with Harmonic - a global leader in video delivery infrastructure, has announced the launch of NASA TV UHD. The new non-commercial channel will deliver linear 2160p60 (that...
Everyone who designs a website and/or has printed merchandise for college or personal business has had to design graphics and the usual question that designers ask is which format do...
CrazyEngineers has been Asia's biggest engineering community for many years. With engineers from over 180 countries visiting the website regularly everyday in thousands of numbers, we take pride in celebrating...
Snapdeal will now issue refunds in just 60 minutes! What typically takes about 7 to 10 business days has now been shortened to just an hour by Snapdeal. Snapdeal, a...
Hola folks! CrazyEngineers brings you a Quiz Contest on account of 'Engineers Day 2015'. Since thousands of you will be flocking the site on 15th September, 2015 - we thought...