entry point notfound

i have a problem with my laptop. it always shows an error like" the procedure entrypoint getprocessimagefilenamew couldnot be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL. somebody told me that it is an error caused by the crash of the psapi.dll file in the system32.
but when i checked in the system32 there is only one psapi.dll file. now i cant open the any program or cant install any program.

any one knowing this please give me a solution

Replies

• sumeshkuruvat
    sumeshkuruvat
    please give me quick reply
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Since you are telling that you have only one instance of PSAPI.DLL.

This file might have got replaced with old version while installing any software.

You can Try any of these methods:

Method 1:
    Start - > Run -> "sfc/scannow" enter!

It will find if any system files have got changed.
    It will even give option to replace back with actual version (you may need the installation cd).

Once you are done with this you have to restart the system, the problem will be solved.

Method 2:
    run restore command
    and select the nearest date on which your system worked fine. Your system will be restored to that date (all changes from that day till now will be lost!)

Method 3:
    downlaod new version of PSAPI.DLL from internet. replace it with c:\windows\system32\PSAPI.DLL file (take a backup of existing file).

If its not allowing to replace the file, then do it by taking the system into safemode.

Hope of this should solve.

Anyways do this at your own risk.

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • prabhat kumar
    prabhat kumar
    hey u faced the problem it's file used or replaced by aqnother exiting software like antivirus so just uninstall the the antivirus or newly install software.if u get again error msg just go for above solution that will work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We request you to take a minute to read this short article before you post on CE Forums. For all questions related to this site, visit: -> New Members' Joint...
Hey guys!!! this is banshee here. I'm kinda new to this so go easy on me............. I luv engineering but am crap at it so........... here's my attempt at clearing...
Create a java program to display the moving car using Applet concept....
hi everybody; i try to oxidize magnesium in hot water but i have small time to do it so i want to add a salt in to water for rapidly...
i am a B.Tech Fresher in Information Technology with aggregate 68%.i have applied for so many companies but not getting interview call..plz help me what to do