Entrepreneurs Are Problem Solvers

I've been thinking that at core, entrepreneurs are 'problem solvers'. They've this ability to first identify problems, take an initiative to fix them, progress with patience and device mechanisms to solve them. It's very much like engineering!

I think after a few years into entrepreneurship and knowing other entrepreneurs; it all seems to be about problem solving. If the problems does not exist; we identify it (or say, create it!) and then we go about solving them! Let me make my point with an example: Steve Jobs!

Steve Jobs first created a problem that people need to carry their music collection wherever they go. But SONY (I think) had already solved that problem with their 'Walkman'. So Steve Jobs went on finding another problem with personal music players; that is 'design', 'ease of use' & 'storage capacity'. Then came the iPod - beautifully designed devices with an interface even an idiot can use. iPod revived Apple company and turned Steve an icon for the people. Then he did the same to the phone. Then to the tablets. Now, maybe for the TVs.

Bottom Line: Entrepreneurs create or identify problems. Then solve it. In the process, make money for themselves and create wealth for large number of people.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• vinci
    vinci
    i agree but there are lots of problems or i should say puzzles.We need to solve them first ,by analyzing them
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yeah, I completely agree and each and every problem gets solved by the way, necessity is the mother of invention. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think you need innovative ideas to start a venture or become an entrepreneur. Any problem solved for a larger number of people could just be an entrepreneurial venture.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally, the ecommerce in India is going to get a lot more interesting in 2012. With a sudden rush of eCommerce portals like Flipkart, Yebhi, LetsBuy and so on; the...
Think twice, thrice, even a hundred times before buying Siri! 😛
A Building that keeps changing its appearance!!!​ ​ Austrian firm Ernst Giselbrecht + Partner developed the Kiefertechnic Architecture Showroom in Styria, Austria. Office building including exhibition space for product presentation...
​An inter-ministerial committee has now curtailed the SAR level for mobile handsets further to 1.6 watts/kg average over a six minute period and taken over a volume containing a mass...
Perception 2012 is a Techno Management Festival organized by VIT, Pune. Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology stepped into the technical arena in 2008 with the birth of Perception, the annual...