English Word For 'ज़िद्दी' (Hindi) ?

I'm looking for an apt word to describe 'ज़िद्दी' (Hindi Word). Someone who's stubborn about getting the things done, 'never give up' attitude, who won't take 'no' as an answer (in a positive way).

The synonym I found online is 'Stubbron' but the word carries a negative aura around it. I'm planning to write a blog post, but not able to find the correct word that describes a ज़िद्दी person in a positive way.

Can someone help?

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Strong-willed?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Punch_a_Tantra
    Strong-willed?
    That's one option, yep. I'm looking for one word that correctly conveys the meaning.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Persistent, Determined, Relentless?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    Persistent, Determined, Relentless?
    Yeah, but 'Ziddi' doesn't come out of them. Damn you, English 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Tenacious 😒
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    Tenacious 😒
    I guess that's close. Anyone wants to offer more insights?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    That's one option, yep. I'm looking for one word that correctly conveys the meaning.
    Steadfast?
    Steadfast - definition of steadfast by The Free Dictionary
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Steadfast?
    Steadfast - definition of steadfast by The Free Dictionary
    Yep, that can work too. Tenacious and steadfast are closer to 'ziddi' I guess.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Resolute or Indomitable 😀
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    What about "adamant"...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is difference between thick and thin cylinder?
Here is a list of seminar ideas for Civil engineering students. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these seminar topics. This list has been complied after...
Here is a list of project ideas for projects of Civil Engineering. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....
Here is a list of project ideas related to Data Mining. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
I have problem with my youtube downloader,some videos are downloading while the others not.If anyone knows reply to this thread.