English Vinglish Movie Review

I've been hearing lot of positive reviews of the movie 'English Vinglish'. The movie seems to be a story of a simple, middle-class lady from Maharashtra (her name is Sashi Godbole ) who runs a small scale business of making 'laddoos'. She's mocked often by her husband and kids for her inability to speak English.

I'm yet to watch the movie and would like to have a detailed review. I'm planning to watch the movie over the weekend. Anyone?

PS: I'd also like to know people's overall view towards those who're unable to speak English. Have you been mocked at your English speaking skills? If yes, how did you respond? Share your personal experiences.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    it is based on the english serial "mind your language" , which used to be aired on BBC.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    it is based on the english serial "mind your language" , which used to be aired on BBC.
    I guess there were a lot of regional adoptions of "Mind Your Language", I vaguely remember it was called "Zabaan Sambhal Ke". None of the reviews so far have drawn comparisons with the BBC show. How many here have seen the movie?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So I was thinking if we can have home security system powered by NFC. The near field communication technology is being rapidly adopted in the mobile phones and being primarily...
The logo of the upcoming conference on 'Science and Non Duality' caught my attention - The conference has been scheduled between October 24th-28th, 2012 at San Rafael, California and May...
Wishing you a many many Happy returns of the day Sandy AKA CEan- English-Scared ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ Party Time!!๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰
Just wrote a post detailing top features of Mozilla firefox on Windows 8 metro UI. Check out the brand new interface Mozilla's engineers are developing. I like the minimal UI...
I wrote an article about GE developing high performance sensors to track the temperature and pressure inside the CO2 well. The US government is looking to use the geothermal wells...