Engineering That Takes You Overseas

Hey everyone,

Im looking at studying engineering next year but havn't chosen which stream. Ideally im after the stream which offers the most opportunites to work and live overseas particularly in Europe but would also welcome other developing countries such as China, Turkey, Brazil, etc Any engineers here get a chance to work their way around the world? Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. If you are looking at working in Europe, you may consider opting for engineering related to non-conventional sources of energy. I believe several countries in Europe are after Wind & Tidal energy sources and that could fetch you interesting job opportunities.

There's lot of work being done in the automobile sector as well - and if Germany is your preferred country; I'd recommend opting for Mechanical / Automobile engineering.

You may also consider opting for computer engineering; or any discipline related to it (aka Networking) and get a job in countries like Estonia, UK, Norway etc.

Frankly speaking; deciding on an engineering discipline based on the target country isn't something I'd ever recommend. It's always better to pick up any engineering discipline that truly interests you. You can be assured that good engineers, irrespective of their discipline will always be in demand all over the world; in developing countries and developed countries as well.

If the choice is difficult for you; I'd recommend picking up any discipline among Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural or Chemical engineering and you can then opt for post graduate studies in the field of your choice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Go to this link - Google Places for Business www.google.com/local/add/businessCenter?hl=en‎ Log-in using your gmail account and you will be redirected to a map with a form that asks you for...
1. Open Circuit Faults 2. Short Circuit Faults 3. Earth Faults But in Wikipedia I have noticed *Screening faults *Phase faults *Sheath faults *Faults due to moisture
Have you seen before about Corona Effect in Transformer Line? The phenomenon of violets glow hissing noise and producing Ozone gas in overhead Transformer line. Thanks
Guys this is new to me in many areas But I am sure you guys can help me out in understanding all these concepts In case of Hybrid Engines there...
Evolution Of Google Nexus. Courtesy : Gadgetlove.com