engineering mathematics PART III

help needed in cracking down the mentioned subject.
found it a bit difficult . guidelines and tips are welcomed too.
also can anyone suggest me which books to refer and help me with its systematic study too.
[syllabus- linear differential equations(whole), vectors integration and differentiation etc.]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Engineering mathematics has been a difficult subject for most of the students. I think any good mathematics book recommended by your university would do. There's plenty of information available on the Internet as well. How about discussing specific questions/concepts you find difficult?

I think Engineering mathematics is understood the best when its applications are discussed first. When I studied engineering mathematics, all we were taught were just couple of equations and how to derive answers from them. No one actually told us where and how these equations and formulae are applied. Maybe we can discuss it here. What say, CEans?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @The_Big_K Good initiative sir I will try to do some post here.
  • pranavc
    pranavc
    thanks a lot biggie. will definitely do the needful.
    And where can i get help in linear differential equations specifically ?
  • prakash.neo
    prakash.neo
    One good application of differential equation is to determine "RATE of CHANGE of any physical quantity".
    For eg,
    Velocity(v) is the rate of change of distance(x) => v = dx/dt
    Acceleration(a) is the rate of change of velocity(v) => a= dv/dt = d^2x/dt^2

This linear differential equation practically explains the rate of change with respect to any other quantity.
    I have just provided a simple example to illustrate the practical use of differential equation.

Cheers,
    CE_Neo - Wanna get EINSTEINIZED 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i selected this project as my mini project Four-Stage FM Transmitter any one user can give me the advantage and disadvantage this cicuit
Hello all, and welcome to my thread. I hope you can give me advice in this matter. In one month I will be starting university, my desire is to go...
He’s one of the World Wide Web’s good guys. Someone Kofi Annan would wholeheartedly endorse. Amit Singhal, one of the backroom boys of Google, shines in a world that the...
By now, our CEans from India must have gotten used to the TV news channels reporting the scams, fraud and corruption going on in CWG 2010 @ Delhi. It's shocking...
Google is shopping again - and their latest purchase is Like.com for about 100 million dollars. Munjal Shah, the co-founder and CEO of like.com has announced the news like's homepage....