Engineering games

Hello friends,
Nowadays I see many people playing games on internet. that to on Face book and doing total time pass.

So why don't we have some engineering games here lie memory games or quiz games? Well I am not really on to it, but I think we can have great ideas from our CS people and all the game designers what say people?

I think it will also help in pulling traffic and more important that that it will help us in gaining knowledge in a play way method.

What say people???

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah! ๐Ÿ˜

we can have a lot of puzzles technically. ๐Ÿ˜€ like picture quizes and more too ๐Ÿ˜

what say CEans ?

i know we have puzzles section. but we can this as a technical fun zone! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Reya
    Reya
    Yeah thats a cool idea ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm all into this!! I will contribute something once my exam gets over.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wooo!!! Am ready and gonna contribute... ๐Ÿ˜€ Why not getting technical terms???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Actually I was talking about graphic games. They will require strong graphic technologies. Does anyone know farmville? I am talking about that type of games.

Well farmville is basically meant for time pass and our game will mean studies...

I am not talking about quiz section... those games are different.
    Dude, can there be people without knowing FV??? Am in level 75!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Give some ideas of text games... Like what I said, why don't we have technical anthakshari stuff???
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Praveen: Technical Anthakshari ??How?
    Dont tease me...

Technical Terms starting with the previous words, last letter!!!

Technically, (substr($prev, strlen($prev)-1,strlen($prev)))*!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    Guess it would be quite boring.Everyone will post the answer by googling.

We can have picture puzzle game.That would be interesting!
    Picture puzzle in technical stuff??? How??? The one like
    What is this... Yey! This is a capacitor!!!
    That kind???
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    no! for civil related stuff we can post a picture of some construction which is unique and ask them to find. similarly you can do for other departments.: ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Praveen: what can we do for Computer science??
    That will work out for civil stuff... How can an IT stuff be??? Showing a CD and asking what's inside??? ๐Ÿ˜› lolz... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    Can we blur the picture of the computer scientists??

Does it sounds good??
    praveena211
    Can we blur the picture of the computer scientists??

Does it sounds good??
    Won't you never come out of guessing blurred photos... Something else.. Something creative which hasn't yet implemented kinda... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Instead of computer scientists, why not we put logos of different computer related stuffs???
  • Reya
    Reya
    Yeah thats sounds cool ๐Ÿ˜€
    Where and When to Start???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    How about Flash cards? We can have flash cards of definitions and concepts of branch specific things. We can also have picture flash cards as Praveena and CP suggested?

What say?
    ishutopre
    How about Flash cards? We can have flash cards of definitions and concepts of branch specific things. We can also have picture flash cards as Praveena and CP suggested?

What say?
    Now that's a best idea... ๐Ÿ˜€ Come on man!!! Ishu, you are the first one to put a question... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Flash cards are mostly used for remembering/mugging up any kind of words list.
    In technical fields, we do have vocabulary of technical jargons. We can compile such a list and convert it into flash cards.
    But, how will it be useful? There is no point in mugging up definitions.
    Any kind of rapid fire round... But what Ishan said is right, we can get the answer from the first CEan... Right?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There are a lot of computer dictionaries around us For eg: #-Link-Snipped-#

We can create flash cards for these kind of words. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We can also create some fun games like: #-Link-Snipped-#
    (But I doubt will people play those kind of games these days? )

I have a long cherished wish of creating an online interactive puzzle, similar to this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Vote for your favorite ideas with apt reasons.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pick up computer technology related words as computers are used by engineers of every discipline and it's a 'must' to know commonly used computer jargon.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hmm... Come on people, I never played extreme engineering but I liked this game. Just saw it.

We can have some games like it will try to puzzle your mind. Something like SUDOKU type. May be not exactly that but we can design our own games what say?
    CS games as suggested are cool but can we have something for MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL AND CIVIL too? :roll eyes:
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For mechanical, there can be a game where we have all the parts required for a machine to work in a sidebar.. and one has to drag and drop them in the correct sequence at the correct places to make the complete machine. (Other than parts, we can give other options to choose also, something like choose level from 10 to 100 about the various specifications of the part)
    Something similar can be done for creating power plants from scratch (electrical) and constructing structures (civil).
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Pick up computer technology related words as computers are used by engineers of every discipline and it's a 'must' to know commonly used computer jargon.
    Should we take this idea forward? There are online free services to make flash cards:
    Flashcard Machine - Create, Study and Share Online Flash Cards
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Study Stack - Login

Someone, please take up this activity.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Once we have a set of games we can start a complete new segment like voiCE or small talk... We can have people on CE and once they are here there will be discussions and the person who will reap benefit will be called a patriotic CEan. :razz:

LOL just kidding. But how is the idea?

What say? Now let us start this idea. err...game. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • eelectrichuman
    eelectrichuman
    i m ready to contribute for quizzes
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Here is a game for Civil and structural : #-Link-Snipped-#
    It's really fun and enjoying ๐Ÿ˜€. We can also learn more about structures by this game. I hope that we can create a game like this.๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Maria: You are superb Maria. ๐Ÿ˜

@Everyone: I am basically a designer. I do not get marks in exam but if you will ask me to design components, I can do that easily. I love to design parts and components on CATIA. Why cannot we have some games which asks questions about analysis of things as we are playing video games?

For example, we are playing a car race games. In that we can have obstacles. To overcome those, the player will suggest parts which will add to the efficiency and improved performance of car. Can we have that?

Else read this #-Link-Snipped-#
    ishutopre
    Once we have a set of games we can start a complete new segment like voiCE or small talk... We can have people on CE and once they are here there will be discussions and the person who will reap benefit will be called a patriotic CEan. :razz:

LOL just kidding. But how is the idea?

What say? Now let us start this idea. err...game. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Man, now that's a best idea... Why don't you start the first Computer Science question??? ๐Ÿ˜›
    @Ishu lets have something like, clear my query... ๐Ÿ˜€ Someone should ask a legitimate query he has in the comp stuff, and once if someone clears it, he would be getting a like!!! What say???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    praveenscience
    Man, now that's a best idea... Why don't you start the first Computer Science question??? ๐Ÿ˜›
    I am minority here being of an ignored branch. There are tons of CS and IT people on CE :razz:

LOL They can easily design games for you praveen.

P.S: Do we have a minority quota for designing games? Can anyone give preference to neglected branches like chemical? :razz:
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    praveenscience
    @Ishu lets have something like, clear my query... ๐Ÿ˜€ Someone should ask a legitimate query he has in the comp stuff, and once if someone clears it, he would be getting a like!!! What say???
    Praveen we are talking about games man! what you are saying appears to be like quiz. We already have that. remember we have the thread "Guess who?" We can give likes there. What say?

P.S: Praveena does an awesome job there by posting really tough images.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah the just civil game that maria suggested is very good ๐Ÿ˜ i loved it. we must come up with such stuff ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Can we have games based on Vedic mathematics?

Have anyone seen Lumosity? I played the games on that site. They are simple but really cool.

Before designing complex 3D games why don't try for simple 2D games?

What say people?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I can see that we have ample of ideas. What is now needed is implementation. ๐Ÿ˜’
    @Ishu, Lumosity offers games which are very interactive and they are single player... So, the moment we are meeting, those games we can conduct using AKD as host... ๐Ÿ˜›

Something better???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    praveenscience
    we can conduct using AKD as host... ๐Ÿ˜›
    LOL.

@Praveen: Don't you like the idea of making flash cards for all computer terms? I have specified the link in above posts.
    AbraKaDabra
    LOL.

@Praveen: Don't you like the idea of making flash cards for all computer terms? I have specified the link in above posts.
    Sorry, I didn't notice that post, as Ishu's post had more affinity! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey why can't we make a new pattern of games basing on CE
    lets think crazy ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    narayana murthy
    hey why can't we make a new pattern of games basing on CE
    lets think crazy ๐Ÿ˜
    Sorry Narayan, but some people do not want to discuss this idea. Let us forget it.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ishutopre
    Sorry Narayan, but some people do not want to discuss this idea. Let us forget it.
    lol k i usually play games in the name of experiments in labs i will continue it ๐Ÿ˜
    but note it i play electrical games by making some wrong connections and watches what will be effect those are my games
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup can we have some games for chemical too? Actually I have some effective and simple ideas easy to implement.

Why am I discussing them, at the first place when people do not want to listen? ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ishutopre
    Yup can we have some games for chemical too? Actually I have some effective and simple ideas easy to implement.

Why am I discussing them, at the first place when people do not want to listen? ๐Ÿ˜ก
    lol thats too crazy saying something which was not interesting to others
    lets make a party for being crazy ๐Ÿ˜
    make it easy bro all will not in our hands they increases day by day
    not at a time your posted
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK I have some good points then.But first admin should to note down the points which we have discussed.

Nextly we need to concentrate more on branches other than CS. I have the reason why and how to do it. I will tell it only if people are interested.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    ishutopre
    OK I have some good points then.But first admin should to note down the points which we have discussed.

Nextly we need to concentrate more on branches other than CS. I have the reason why and how to do it. I will tell it only if people are interested.
    but if it is CS we can make any java or any other games but for other games how can we do that on net
    Even then, we cannot embed them here or make any Multiplayer Online Game!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    narayana murthy
    but if it is CS we can make any java or any other games but for other games how can we do that on net
    Hey Narayana, we can do games for any branch using sound programming and graphics. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    AbraKaDabra
    Hey Narayana, we can do games for any branch using sound programming and graphics. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Great idea. I wanted to add one point here can we make something for metallurgy or chemical too? People are sometimes addicted to games. They come to various sites searching for games. That is how we can tap them. Once we make them to play our games we can manage to direct them to forum where we can engage them in discussions and that is how we can have people on Forum

So according to me we should give priority to 'Other engineering trades' more.
    Already the high activity threads are civil and mech... ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Next comes the elec... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Finally the CS IT... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK More ideas are always welcome but now thing comes to implementation.

How can we do that? Any volunteers?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    One more idea I mentioned games based on vedic mathematics, why not try some existing games like SUDOKU, online chess etc which people can play with their online friends?

What say friends?
    How will you play sudoku with friends online??? At least here???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hello Praveen bhai,

I was just giving a simple idea to start with because the algorithms of chess etc are already available. So why not start from something easy and simple? Later on as people will get interested to make new games, we can have them ๐Ÿ˜€

What say?
    Yeah, thats fine ishu... What am I asking is, how will you play sudoku here??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Its actually simple we can have 2D game here, we can also have timer etc, we can type by Key board the number we want to add in any particular block and we can chose the block by pointing the mouse.

What say? We can play the same way as we play in our mobile.

Isn't it simple?
    Yup... Proceed... ๐Ÿ˜€ You be the starter... We'll be the players... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    praveenscience
    Yup... Proceed... ๐Ÿ˜€ You be the starter... We'll be the players... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Are you joking? If there is any person worse in computers then it is me. I cannot write algorithms let alone implementing them. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I used to play Brain Champ in my mobile daily. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Great Harshad bhai,

But is it possible to have it on CE? Will it be legal?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ishutopre
    Great Harshad bhai,

But is it possible to have it on CE? Will it be legal?
    Well i have to check that. I will also try to find the mind game which we can play on Internet.
  • Mehakrajkhokar
    Mehakrajkhokar
    Well... mind games are already available on the internet.... why not do something different...??? like... in facebook.. we have games where we need to build things and take care of them...so... maybe we could have a game where.. we .. for example, would have to build a transformer or maybe an IC.. see as to how much current it would need. and things like that....๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Mehakrajkhokar
    Well... mind games are already available on the internet.... why not do something different...??? like... in facebook.. we have games where we need to build things and take care of them...so... maybe we could have a game where.. we .. for example, would have to build a transformer or maybe an IC.. see as to how much current it would need. and things like that....๐Ÿ˜
    Any idea that how can we implement this as a game and we can play it here?
    Idea is nice... We can contribute by building a circuit... Is that way you are trying to say???
  • sachleen
    sachleen
    wow....dat's a gud idea......i also want to contribute to dis..........
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey everyone. look at these. Just click on the community tab there and you will find some simple games like Sudoku. We can always try for some graphics game too. ๐Ÿ˜€ #-Link-Snipped-#
    That's nice Ishu, how do we get it in here?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well, we need to ask to Biggie or AKD. We can start with some simple games. What say? It will only require some simple programming. ๐Ÿ˜€ People from computer/IT can take up the job what say? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes, it is possible... Something like a word building or Uno game, which is attached with the database of the users. This way, we can have our scores tracked too... I can work on this... What say Ishu and Biggie? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    We got our first game ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks to ET, AKD and Nion. Expecting more ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yeah, I scored 120! ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Unity3d(game engine) Can unity3d run on a 32 bit computer?
Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,IIT Delhi explained the Concept of The Union in Data Structures and Algorithms. Feel free to ask your questions and contribute...
Dr. Naveen Garg, Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,IIT Delhi explained the Concept of Prims Algorithm for Minimum Spanning Trees in Data Structures and Algorithms. Feel free to ask...
hello CEans, I am new to this forum.i'm a 3rd year engineering student pursuing electronics and communication field in bnmit, bangalore. Having knowledge about microcontrollers ,microprocessors and knowing languages like...
๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• Hi , Please can someone explain basic concept of Using Indexand can someone explain how Primary index ,Secondary Index,Cluster Index are different from each other .These question is put...