Engineering Fresher Salaries in "IT" To Go Down In Coming Years - Meh!

Industry experts believe that fresher salaries will either remain the same or may even go down in the next few years. It'd expected that freshers would get salaries between Rs. 275 - 3.25 lakh per year or lesser as the number of graduates every year is increasing. According to NASSCOM, number of engineering graduates has almost doubled in the last few years to about 8.13 lakh in year 2012.

The major recruiters in India - IT companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Cognizant, Accenture, Tech M and others are reviewing their business plans and the salaries they offer to the fresh engineering graduates. A Mindtree executive said that the demands from the clients in terms of technical expertise are rising and freshers lack these expertise, skills or tools knowledge. This prevents the companies from hiring freshers directly into live projects.

Curious to know what do CEans in the third and final year of course think about this?

Replies

• Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    I expected this to happen at least by 2015 if not sooner.
    The number has been increasing but the quality is rapidly declining.

I've seen people in my class who don't know what a "forum" is and are need help in using our institute's internal forum.
    They have issues using Windows Live email as well!
    And these people are apparently studying "CSE". 😘

Personally,I am not that good at programming though I love using Computers and exploring the internet and I am planning to fix it ASAP.

From what I've heard,most of these mass recruiters have to "train" the "engineering graduates" for at least a month for something they couldn't learn in 4 YEARS!
    For a company,this isn't a safe bet since they have to spend on training a person who may or may not be an asset for them in the future.

I want to see if they will hire skilled freshers for a better starting pay (better than the current one) and help them improve their skills rapidly to become an asset to the company.
    This would mean limited but quality recruiting and might lead to a large-scale umemployment.

I wonder how much difference it would make if they shift their focus from mass-recruiting to quality-recruiting both for the company and the students.
    Will it force the students to improve their quality or will the cos find it tough to work with limited with quality people...😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Could be a trend for the big IT companies, but I foresee that since IT is continuously evolving with new technologies and increased demand, there will always businesses that leverage on them (big, small, start ups, etc). Take for example new job opportunities just for android/IOS developers. So for IT engineering graduates, don't just go for the common recruiters. Opportunities are aplenty as long as you expand your horizon.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, does that mean most engineering graduates from well-to-do families will start going for post-graduate courses, because that's how they get the required 'plunge' AND that's how they become more 'in-demand'? 😁

Doesn't look like a rosy picture!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between "Post Graduate Degree Awarding Programme" & "Post Graduate Diploma Awarding Programme" that are offered by CDAC in DESD Field ? Is there a criteria like...
ibibo is said to be in the final stages of acquiring redbus - India's favorite bus ticketing website for a cool sum of Rs. 610 cr. According to the sources...
If you have ever tried to connect a 3.3V device to 5V system, you know how much mindfudge it can be. So, now I am thinking of creating a logic...
Hey! First -> @KaustubhKatdare (@TheBigK) - Thank you so much for creating this experience,it's an amazing platform,it's a PRIVILEGE to be here.I am HAPPY to have discovered this through the...
why slip ring motors are being replaced by drives for industrial purposes?