'Engineering For Change in India' Mega Project Report Contest [24-28th Nov]

Identify a problem existing around you that could have a technical solution. It could be in your computer, your room, your society, your village, your city, your school/college, your office (Ok, you get it.. just about anywhere). Come up with a problem definition & its solution and present it in the required format in a project report.

Guidelines:

1. Your project report should include all the fields mentioned in the project report format.
2. Each participant can send multiple entries.

Download the Project Report Format here:
#-Link-Snipped-#

You need to send your entries to: #-Link-Snipped-#

Start Date: 24th November 2:00 PM (IST)
End Date: 1st December 12:00 PM (IST)

Judging Criteria: The most well-described problem definition along with the most practical solution wins.

Top 5 entries will be declared on 1st December and their reports will be put for vote. From the number of votes each project report gets, the top 3 winners will be declared on December 3rd, 2014.

1st Prize: ASUS FONEPAD 7

ASUS-Fonepad-7

2nd Prize: Sennheiser Headphones

Sennheiser-HD201-Headphones

3rd Prize: MicroSD Card (32 GB)

SanDisk-32GB-microSD-Card

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May the best project reporter win!
โ€‹

Replies

• Shyam_puzzle
    Shyam_puzzle
    Ankita Katdare
    Identify a problem existing around you that could have a technical solution. It could be in your computer, your room, your society, your village, your city, your school/college, your office (you get it.. just about anywhere).

Come up with a problem definition & its solution and submit it in a specific format between 24th Nov. 8:00 am to 28th Nov. 8:00 am on CrazyEngineers.

You can start preparing for it now.

Guidelines & Format coming up soon here.

Hi Ankita,

this seems to be the most challenging of all contests. Are we expected to provide a technical solution? When are the guidelines and format coming up?

Great idea moderators, wonderful way to celebrate anniversary.
  • princesspooja
    princesspooja
    Waiting for ur guidelines..๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Guys, Attention! The wait is over!
    You can start submitting your entries starting now.
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The announcement has been updated with the prizes for TOP 3 Winners.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, the entries have already started pouring in. Can't wait to see the innovative ideas coming from the minds of crazy engineers like you and me. This is the era of change and building optimal, practical solutions. The world needs engineers to innovate.
    ๐Ÿ‘ Start scratching your brains. Look around for inspiration.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    25 downloads so far .. for the Project Report format. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The number has gone up to 37!

Reminder: It goes without saying that only 100% original entries will be considered.
    Anyone who copy pastes will be disqualified.
    The contest is open to international applicants.

And yes, multiple entries are allowed. So, share as many ideas as you want.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Report downloaded more than 67 times. ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Do you guys want us to extend the deadline for this contest?

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tagging all CEans I could think of.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yes, please!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Hectic schedule is not allowing me to write the report.. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We want everyone to get a fair chance at the contest. This is the first time we have organized a contest of this kind and this level. The entries received so far are great, but we would like to have much more number of participants to call it truly fair.

Waiting for more responses to decide if the contest deadline should be kept as it is or extend.

PS: Since we have allowed multiple entries, those who have already submitted their project reports could use the extra to come up with more ideas.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anil Jain
    Hectic schedule is not allowing me to write the report.. ๐Ÿ˜”
    Me too!
  • Parasa Hanumantha Rao
    Parasa Hanumantha Rao
    I am not able to send my report to the email provided. Its giving an error.

If possible pls extend the time
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Parasa Hanumantha Rao
    I am not able to send my report to the email provided. Its giving an error.
    What error are you getting? Please copy+paste the email ID as it is.
  • Parasa Hanumantha Rao
    Parasa Hanumantha Rao
    Ok got it

Can I send my whole idea in an attachment?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    On popular demand, we have decided to postpone the deadline by another 3 days.
    You have got whole weekend to come up with ideas!

Submit your entries before December 1st - 12:00 PM! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Shyam_puzzle
    Shyam_puzzle
    that's really thoughtful Ankita! Will try and chip in with my entry too!
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    i need a special guideline of 1 month because of loads of codes ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

yeah !! but definitely idea is so interesting , even at some time when i found my self cop up with ideas to remedy some general social issue but don't a medium to share or even convey.

i feel this is the best platform for such enthusiastic work.
    Now, its really my responsibility to end up my project as soon as possible and being crazy and do submit ideas whether there's comp or not .. you will sure get my report on at least a issue.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Project Submitted..... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Reminder: You all have all night and time till tomorrow 12:00 pm to submit your entries.
    Don't miss out on the chance to win the prizes. All the best, folks!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We have reached 100 downloads already. The contest ends in another 45 minutes and we have started reviewing the entries.

May the best idea win.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers Caption Contest is happening today. To participate and win you are required to give the best description for a certain image (that suits the situation or dialogue in it)....
Click a photo of you wearing the CrazyEngineers T-Shirt at any indoor or outdoor location such that your favorite thing about engineering is highlighted and upload it. It could be...
When we talk of robots we think of them as totally independent, which is not strictly nercessary for them to be useful. Totally autonomous robots may be dicey to work...
Welcome to the CrazyEngineers Rapid Fire Quiz Contest! There will be total 4 rounds of Quiz Questions. Each round has a set of 25 questions that need to be answered...
Hola CEans, Creative Writing Contest Begins today. We are providing all the participants with three topics where the first line and last line of the write-up is shared. Each participant...