Engineering Final Year Project Ideas for Disabled People

Engineering Final Year Project Ideas for Disabled People

I am happy to present a few unique and innovative project ideas for your engineering final year project submissions.

I have carefully picked ideas that implement the best of electrical, mechanical, bio-medical, computer science, ECE engineering techniques to come up with these ideas.

11 Awesome Engineering Project Ideas Useful for People with Disabilities

1. Smart Mobility Aid for Visually Impaired People: The idea is to develop a smart cane equipped with sensors (such as ultrasonic and infrared sensors) that can detect obstacles and give haptic feedback to the user. This can be paired with a GPS module and voice-guided system for direction assistance.

2. Brain-Computer Interface for Wheelchair Control: This project could use electroencephalography (EEG) to develop a brain-computer interface that allows people with severe physical disabilities to control an electric wheelchair. Users could navigate the wheelchair through specific thought patterns detected by the EEG.

3. Accessible Digital Assistant: This could be an application that integrates voice control, text-to-speech, and AI to aid people with various disabilities in using digital devices. It could read out loud texts, emails, interpret voice commands, or even help with programming for users with motor disabilities.

4. 3D Printed Prosthetics: This project could explore using 3D printing to create custom, affordable prosthetics. Such prosthetics can be tailored specifically to the user's size and needs, providing a cost-effective and personalised solution.

5. Smart Gloves for Sign Language Interpretation: These would be gloves equipped with sensors that can interpret the hand movements of sign language and translate them into spoken language. This would help facilitate communication for those who use sign language.

6. Exoskeleton for Paraplegic Patients: Develop a wearable robotic exoskeleton that could enable paraplegic individuals to walk again. It would be controlled by the user's upper body movements or through an integrated control system.

7. Automated Braille E-reader: A device which can convert digital text into Braille in real-time. It could be a portable device that connects to the internet and allows users to read digital documents, books, or webpages in Braille.

8. Smart Shoes for Navigation: These could be shoes with in-built vibrational feedback systems guided by GPS that indicate to the user when and where to turn. This could be particularly beneficial for visually impaired individuals.

9. Voice Controlled Home Automation System: A system that can control various home appliances based on voice commands. This could be highly beneficial for people with mobility impairments, allowing them to operate appliances without manual interaction.

10. Adaptive Gaming Controller: An adaptive controller that could be customised according to the specific needs and capabilities of gamers with disabilities. It could include features like button remapping, touch-sensitive surfaces, foot pedals, and voice command capabilities.

11. Affective Computing System for Autism: This project would use machine learning and AI to develop a system that can understand and interpret the emotional states of individuals with autism, helping to facilitate better communication and interaction with their environment.

Let me know if you have questions about any of these ideas on how to implement. I will be happy to offer all the details you need.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.
    There are tons of project ideas revolving around people with physical disabilities.
    First of all refer these: Project for physically challenged people?

Here are some more ideas:
    Earthquake alarm system with quick alarm
    Tongue Motion Controlled Wheel Chair
    Hand movement sensor based communication system for the deaf and dumb to display what they want to communicate.
  • Aman khan
    Aman khan
    Jaylene Quipiades: 348168
    i am not able to come up with a new idea for new and unique projects for disabled person or even new projects related for ECE students. can somebody please help me.
    Are you interested in home automation and security system ? If yes then I have a project ...
  • Jaylene Quipia
    Jaylene Quipia
    Thank you for the great ideas but sadly to say my proffessor said that it was already presented by other groups.. He want something that has a large impact on the society or something innovative.. Can you please again help me ?? I'am running out of time.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Jaylene Quipia
    Thank you for the great ideas but sadly to say my proffessor said that it was already presented by other groups.. He want something that has a large impact on the society or something innovative.. Can you please again help me ?? I'am running out of time.
    You can design a Ultrasonic Stick for blind people which scans from all direction and some sort of speaker to alert or notification whether to go forward or not.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Jaylene Quipia
    Project for physically challenged people?
    ^ Read this discussion.
    And if you really want to make a difference, visit a nearby hospital and talk to the attendants, nurses or anyone who is free and ask them about the problems that disabled people face. If you want to take the efforts, make the list of those points and post it here. It will take hardly 2-3 hours. Once we have a list, we can come up with technological solutions to each point. You can choose any one of those and develop the project. # Make In India
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# :
    What #-Link-Snipped-# said here is very effective if you visit hospital and try to link where you can create something that will be helpful for them and they can serve with better way to patient then that would leave the most impact what your professor is looking forward.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Coming from an Army background, Onkar Singh's growing up years were spent at various places across India. However, he did most of his schooling and education in his home state...
It was Google Cardboard that kept me fascinated ever since it was revealed at the Google I/O 2014. When OnePlus announced that they will launch OnePlus 2 using VR, I...
Plastic is both a boon and a bane to the mankind; but with the amount of plastic waste growing every minute the consequences could be very hazardous. There are initiatives...
After the success of the LG Bello which was released last year, LG has now decided to launch the second instalment of the phone. Although the exact price is yet...
sir i am m.tech with telecommunication engg. 2013 batch searching for job in pune. is it right to go for some testing course and apply for jobs in testing field.as...